Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Summer Fun layout and telling fibs lol

I have just finished this layout and I am quite proud of it, it's very summery and bright. It's happy colours and I really need that today.

Credits: Tropical Breezes by Royanna Lea Fritschmann and Summer Fun 3 Layered Template by Amanda Lee. Traci Murphy Dropshadows - Ribbon Light, Photo Light, Popout Light and Cardstock Light.Font is DB ANNA.

As for the fibs part first you need a little background. Nan had a bill she wanted paying last month but had no payment slips. I offered to do it on my debit card for her. I received a thank for your payment confirmation about 2 days later and forgot about it. Until we received a letter almost two weeks later stating that the payment had been declined and a £15 charge had been applied to Nan's account. I should also say that the minimum payment Nan had to make was £0, she was just trying to pay of the balance of the account. So today I finally got around to calling them about it. They kept me on hold for nearly 20 minutes (it's 50p a minute cheeky sods), when they finally answered the conversation went a little like this:

Me: Hi, we received a letter stating that a payment had been declined and a £15 charge had been applied, could you please tell me how you can charge me for a payment that failed that I didn't even need to make.

Snotty woman on phone: That's a standard administration charge for failed payments. Me: But it doesn't cost £15 to decline a payment. Snotty woman on phone: I think you will find it does. Me: (now here's the little fib) I used to work in a bank so I think I know exactly how much a failed payment costs you. Snotty woman on phone: On this occasion I will refund your payment. Me: Thank you very much.

The rest of the call is not important, I just found it funny how rapidly she decided to refund Nan's money for her after she thought I knew how unresonable the charge was in the first place.It also makes me laugh how these call centre people act like they are paying you with there own personal money. Anyway I have lots to be getting on with so I might be back later. I haven't been to bed yet though so I might fall asleep before I make it back here.

No comments: