Thursday, May 22, 2008

Not scrapping is bad for my health

and everyone else's as well. Scrapping helps me to focus, it helps me to stay busy but more than that it helps me to keep my temper under control. As this week has worn on I have found myself having to resort to hurting myself at times to avoid hurting other people. It's always been something I have done, I bite my lip, I bite my nails, I dig my nails into the palms of my hands anything just to make me feel sharp pain, since that is the only distraction good enough to stop me just seeing red and exploding. Lukas has driven me insane this evening with constant questions, talking to himself and everything else he normally does, today it's irritating me to the point where I have had to walk away from him and go into another room just so I don't snap at him. I was very glad that for the 1st time in a long time, he decided he was tired and laid down and went to sleep for a few hours this evening. He's tired because he has been to play at Lisa's today he's still sick and Ella's sick too so Lisa came and got him so they could keep each other company. I was asleep since I was up all night last night, and when I finally did climb into my bed I had to try and sleep around Lukas, who decided that he was going to take up residence in my half of the double bed lol. So I am tired, I am aching all over and I am on a very short fuse today. This week has worn on my nerves, and I just long to open photoshop and lose myself in pixels. I truly ache for that feeling of calmness I can find even if it is briefly when I scrap layouts. Creating one layout a day seems to be enough for me to find that and I really really miss it. Hopefully I should be done with the backing up by tomorrow and then I can finally be reunited with my beloved photoshop. Right now I don't have the power I need to open it let alone scrap.

No comments: