Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Merry Christmas, Happy Birthday

What a crock of shit!!!
There was nothing merry, happy or remotely cheerful about either one. Let's start with Christmas Day, I got up I felt horrible, had a rotten headache, ached all over and it hurt everytime I breathed. I managed to stay up long enough for Lukas to open his presents. Then I spent a miserable day in bed. Trying not to throw up in between throwing up lol. Lukas spent the day being told off by Mark. Nan spent the day having a go at Mark for shouting at Lukas and Mark well he watched a lot of TV played games on the computer and generally tried his hardest to be a git!
Boxing Day I still felt horrible but we had promised to take Lukas to a Christmas Party. So I got up, threw up, got dressed, applied make-up (think the amounts they would use to camoflage a tank) and trotted off to party still looking like death. Nan moaned the whole time that my dress was too short (knee length in case you are wondering), Mark sulked because I was dancing with Lukas. Me and Lukas had an ok time though we danced, I drunk vodka lol.
On the 27th Mark went to work so me and Lukas spent the day lounging around and making thank you cards for Christmas. Somehow we seem to get more done when Mark isn't around.
28th I can't remember what we did Mark was at work again though. Now on the 29th things got a whole lot more interesting - my wedding dress finally came!!!
Apart from the fact that it's the wrong colour (ivory not white *sigh*) it's beautiful. Nan reckons it looks gorgeous. I think I am not going to comment. I am just going to silently panic about the amount of fabric and how not to fall flat on my ass wearing it lol.
Disco is all booked now Mum talked my Dad's brother Andrew into doing it. I think she's a cheeky cow since in 22 years I have met him twice lol. Suppose I should also mention he lives around the corner.
So my birthday, I got £20 in a card from my mum, Traci Reed's Reason For The Season Collection from Mark, perfume stuff from Lisa (cant use it will be going back when I can be bothered strangely thats the third year running she has bought that convinced its that one I like not that one that gives me a rash lol) I got some great cards and made Nan make spaghetti bolagnese for dinner. Sounds really nice doesn't it? It wasn't bad until Mark started a row, made me cry and then started another row. I cried myself to sleep and when I woke up he started again. Lukas told him off and has a new phrase that he says constantly now "cheer up, be happy, I love you". I love him so much he can make even the darkest day brighter.
Now I think that this post has almost met its quota of me whinging. Before I finish this post and go write a nice positive one I have one last thing to moan about. Last night was New Years Eve. I was ready to go to bed at 8pm because I am so tired lately. But I stayed up first because I wanted to see the new year in with Lukas and second because I was expecting a few fireworks around midnight that I thought he would like to watch. I wasn't expecting him to be kept awake until 2:30am because of kids crying outside, I wasn't expecting this to be down to a fight in the street outside, where people screamed and shouted until 4:50am and I wasn't expecting fireworks to still be going off at 5am. So I started off the new year exhausted, grumpy and fed up. Now time for a more positive post lol

No comments: