Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Wedding Day confessions

Hiya,
I thought everything was supposed to be calmer after the wedding was all over and done with?
I don't quite understand how writing Thank You cards, sending cake and sorting all the wedding "stuff" can be so time consuming and exhausting.
I have tried a few times to write this post and each time had things that were "more important to do". But I will try and share all the details of my wedding day with you.
Ok so remember Mark had to go and clean up after the Burns Night celebrations?
He got home at 2am, I waited up for him and before we had both wound down and managed to get to sleep it was 5am. Mark had to get up at 7am to go back to the club with Nan to decorate it and make it ready for guests. Unfortunately one of my husbands bad points is he is bloody noisy first thing in the morning. He managed to wake me up (Let's just say I was not impressed)
I got up and cut Lukas's hair, had a bath etc and then the hairdresser came at 9am to remove my "alien head". Well what should have been in her words a "half hour max" job turned into a 3.5 hour marathon with much swearing and hairspray lol. But it looked lovely.
Mark finally came home to get ready at 1:30pm, while he had a bath and shave I tried to do my make-up. Would have been easy and quick but other things kept interrupting - like next doors little boy wanting his football back. But anyway we were getting there. Nan got home at 2pm, Lisa popped in with her and managed to very quickly apply the false nails for me. Mark started helping me put my dress on. It took so long to lace up the corset style back, Nan was running around panicing that we wouldn't be ready (Lukas at this point is still in his football kit lol). At 2:50pm Malcolm arrived to put the ribbons on his car, we had time for a few photographs of me in my dress and then we were off. The journey to the registry office seemed to take forever because everyway we went we couldn't go that way because of some diversion or other. But we got there and on time as well (yes you did read that right infact we were early :P.
We had to go and have a chat with the registrars and confirm details. I had forgotten the request for disabled access because of Aidan so I had to explain why it was no longer required.
I won't bore you with those details. We were finally told it was time to get married, and then it dawned on me that this was it, I was actually going through with it. We walked into the room to I swear by Boyz to Men and everyone's eyes were on us. It was amazing. I almost lost it when I saw my Dad standing at the back of the room with tears in his eyes but I didn't and my heart was filled with joy when I saw the look of pride on Nan's face. The ceremony was beautiful, very simple and elegant. We had some music while we signed the registar and then we dropped the bombshell with the simple phrase from the registrar "I would like to present Mr and Mrs Blake". Three of Mark's family shouted out "I think you mean Charlett", I just smiled sweetly and said "No actually it is Blake". Mark's mother was not impressed lol. We went outside and everyone came and hugged/kissed/congratulated us. Then it dawned on me that I had left my bouquet at home lol. We had some photographs done outside and Malcolm cracked open a £40 bottle of champagne for us. I don't usually like wine or champagne but that went down very nicely rofl. We came home and collected bouquet and there I will leave it. You can hear all about the reception tomorrow. I will leave you with a few more photographs these were taken by Mark's parents with my camera and I have spent a lot of time fixing them (just don't ask lol)



That will have to do for now because blogger is driving me nuts!

No comments: