Wednesday, May 16, 2007

The Good Samaritan

Did you watch it? The funniest thing I have watched in a long time, fantastically written.
Incase you didn't see it or you are in America and never got the chance. It's about a guy who receives a call from someone asking to speak to the Samaritans saying they are going to jump off a roof, he thinks its a friend messing about and tells them to do it. Later he finds out his number is one digit different from the Samaritans and drives to the building where police are all around because of a traffic accident. He thinks he's driven this person to jump. What follows is a great mix of misunderstandings, and plot twists. I was laughing out loud at it. I'm so glad I dvd recorded it I plan on watching it again tomorrow lol. Lukas has now had his haircut again poor little man gets so hot unless he has it all shaved off. He looks adorable but his devilish side always seems to come out when he's had a hair cut. The extra weight on his head seems to spur more naughty ideas and cheekiness lol. Onto a completely different subject now, have any of you heard of Fotki? It's a service very similar to photobucket that allows you to share your items for download. It does take a little more thinking about to download from but I am in the process of uploading all the older things I have designed to it, contributions to Hummie's World monthly kits and just other stuff that I have designed. (just incase anyone would like to download them).
Anything new I decide to design I will share through 4Shared and when that gets full I will move them to Fotki. I am always open to suggestions if you would like something special designed please feel free to shoot me an email lukasmummy2@hotmail.co.uk. Remind me to add that to the sidebar when I get a chance (we all know how much I ramble and how soon this post will get lost lol). I might try and design something new this weekend but first I have to design an outfit for "The Ugly Bug Ball" isn't it lovely when teachers send home a letter telling you that the kids need a costume for some daft thing they are doing at school. Making the easter bonnet was bad enough I hate tangible crafts. Glue and Me do not agree! I always end up with more on me than on the papers and don't even get me started on glitter or those little squares of paper from the foam pads. Yuck!! Anyway Lukas has decided he doesn't want to be a bug, he wants to be a dog and no amount of begging, pleading, persuasion or offers of bribery will pursuade him otherwise. That should be fun when I send him with a bug something (masks are about my limit!) and he has one of his legendary Lukas meltdowns roflmao I so hope I am there to see his dappy teacher try and calm him down lol. *insert evil smiley here lol* I'm not at all fond of his teacher is it obvious lol. My latest gripe with her has to do with her "suggestion" that Lukas is "special needs" I obviously disagree especially with the things she put on his action plan.
1. To recognise all the letter shapes in his name and say the sound he makes.
I would love to spend the day in class with him just to see what he's like because he never shuts up when he is at home, he's rabbiting away all the time. He knows his whole alphabet and points out letters and sounds to me all the time. This is the same child that has been getting excited when he sees the Tesco logo since he was 2.
2. To count up to 5 objects and say a number for each object.
Again to my knowledge he counts to 20 without hesitating I haven't a clue if he can/does go higher because I taught him to count using our stairs and we only have 20.
3. To play alongside a group of children for 10 minutes each day.
When Ella's here they play together for hours. I know that when he is at school him, Mark's cousin Charlotte and our friends little boy Morgan form there own little group. They play all day long together.Whenever I read anything from the school it's almost like they have him mixed up with someone else, they say he's quiet and shy, I say he's loud, noisy and very very vocal lol. They say he doesn't play with others and I say this is the kid that talks to strangers on the bus, will go off with anyone at the park and loves nothing more than playing with Conor. They say he plays with the messy areas - Paint, Sand, Clay, Plasticine I say this is the child that had a complete meltdown because he had chocolate on his hands, also the same kid who won't paint without being covered head to toe, won't go outside if it's muddy and screams the house down if you try and get him to touch anything sticky/messy etc. So to put it as basically as possible I think they are full of it! I can't think of a single thing he has learnt from being at school I taught him to count, and his colours and ABC's etc, but I have to humour the silly requests they make, or at least some of them. I think some of the things they teach them at school are insane. The other day they sprayed shaving foam over the tables and got the kids to write letters in it. I can't be the only parent that would go mad if there child suddenly decided to spray shaving foam all over the bathroom can I? Before that they had covered the tables in flour to write letters in I know for a fact if he tipped flour over in our kitchen Nan would go mental. This whole being made to play with children annoys me as well. I remember when I was at school I was made to play with people, they didn't like me and made me miserable every single day. Im not saying thats the case with Lukas but I don't think kids should be made to play together, they should be able to pick their own friends. Conor is a great example. Lisa has a friend called Debbie, who has a little boy called Conner (same age as our Conor), a little girl called Bethan (same age as Ella) and a Baby Girl Called Lucy Because Lisa and Debbie are friends they make Conor and Conner and Bethan and Ella play together. Now Conor really can't stand Conner and everytime they are together Conor gets into trouble because of Conner. (Don't ask lol) Ella can't stand girls, she will play quite happily with Lukas because he's a boy and because he's older than her. The biggest problem with putting two girls together who aren't fond of each other is they fight. Ella is a big girl for her age she's alomost as big as Lukas (who as you know is massive) and she was only 3 this year - Lukas will be 5 in August. So when she whacks Bethan she really hurts her and then screaming and shouting happens followed by everyone ending up in a mood. But when kids choose their own friends you have a lot more harmony. Ella tries to hit Lukas and she knows that there's a good chance she wont hurt him and he will get stroppy with her and not play until she apologises. Conor plays with his friend Reece (Lisa's friend Lou's oldest) and peace reigns supreme. This is fast turning into a book, sorry about that lol. So I am going to sign off now. I will post the link to my Fotki area tomorrow when everything is finished uploading.

No comments: