Sunday, August 27, 2006

More UKS Blog prompts

So here we go with a few more blog prompts from UK Scrappers:
When you were a child, what did you want to be/do when you 'grew up'? Why? Did it happen? If not, why not? Is it too late? Were there other unfulfilled goals?
I never had ambitions to be anything when I was at school. When they used to tell me I should go to college etc etc I just used to shrug my shoulders mumble something and basically ignore them becuase what I aspired to be I didn't need college for. The only thing I ever aspired to be was really simple,I wanted to be nothing like my mum. I think I have achieved that goal because although there are times when I feel like I am failing at being a mum, I never forget that I love Lukas. I truly love him from the bottom of my heart and soul. I try and teach him to be a nice person. I don't have habits that harm him even my excesive stash spending comes after I have bought everything Lukas needs and paid the majority of the bills. lol.
I feel that although I haven't achieved much in my life its enough to do a competant job of anything I try like being a mum or scrapping. I pick up everything else along the way. Usually I learn the hard way but I think thats ok becuase all the learning experiences make me who I am.

The next one was:What were some traditions from your childhood? What traditions do you hold fast to now (new or old)? Are there any traditions would you like to maintain but don’t? If you have children or plan to have children, are there traditions you would like to pass on to them?
One of the biggest traditions that I have got from my family is being excessive. When it comes to shopping for Christmas I spend a lot. I buy vast numbers of presents because I love to give them to people and see the reaction (even if I know that certain people like Marks mum will probably boot sale it soon afterwards). Christmas to me was always about being with your family. Last Christmas I was utterly miserable because Mark had to work and I spent Christmas on my own with Lukas. I love the noise and the fun, I love Lukas's face when he sees he has a huge pile of gifts to open and I admit that some bits I wrap in silly ways to make it look more he makes me laugh how he shreds the paper throws the toy and plays with the wrapping lol. I got a tradition from Nan never to go to sleep without saying "I Love You" and always making up after a fight. Theres always a piece of me thats scared one day Nan won't wake up and I always try and make sure the last words I say to her are I love you. I have invented a few traditions of my own but most of them I wouldn't want Lukas to copy-being late and forgetting to buy birthday cards being just two of them lol. We have a new tradition thats to light a candle for Leo on his birthday and play the special song I chose for him. I hope thats something that Lukas will continue when he's older.

The last prompt for today is:Treasure chest: you have a small chest and you’re going to place things in it that symbolise who you are, important milestones, etc. so that someone years after you’re gone will look at it and see the essence of you. For example, you might place a stethoscope if you’re a doctor or medical student, a Bible if your faith is important to you, etc. Which five items would you choose and why? No photographs (though you could use a camera if you're a photographer)...just symbolic items.
I read something on my friend Suzys blog in response to this question which I thought was great she said "Dont know if this would be cheating but Id put my external hard drive in there too. Two reasons, one to show that I was into computers and two because it would give so much away about me. The music I listened to, the documents I wrote, the photos I took (see, no photos as such). My computer holds so much of my life, and I spent a huge amount of time on here, something computery would just have to go in there" I completely agree with her everything on my computer tells people who I am. Its tells them I am Digi Stash Hoarder, who loves Boy bands and love songs, who enjoys taking photographs.It contains parts of my soul with my journalling on layouts and my poems. In all honesty I would go as far as saying there is probably more memories contained in the computer than in my head. Because of the medical issues and forgetting things I rely on my notes/calendar and blog to tell me what happened when. What sums me up that isn't on my computer?
I suppose theres the dvds I like to watch - Charmed,Desperate Housewives,Scrubs,Sports Night,Dinnerladies,Nip/Tuck. Theres Lukas and Leos birth certificate and when I have one Leos death certificate. Theres a collection of school certificates and reports that don't really mean anything.There would be lots of other things, but they are the sort of things you would have to know me as a person to understand like the air holes in the crate for my teddies. When I was a little girl my mum almost smothered me with a duvet, it was an accident and luckily Nan saved my life, but since then I have always had a fear of covers of any sort of anyone/anythings head. So even now when I sleep with my bear its head has to be over the duvet and with Lukas I am even worse. Maybe a fast clock to symbolise me being late to everything and a candle in honour of the loved ones I have lost. Im a weird sort of person but weird is good because weird is Crystal I wouldn't want to be anything else.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

But teddies would need air holes in their crates because they come alive at night and play - doesnt everyone know that?

munchkin mama said...

that treasure chest was was a hard one!! *hugs*
xx