Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Blog prompts on UK Scrappers

Ok so onto the latest blog prompts on UK Scrappers
Look up the meaning of your name: Does it fit? Did you want to change it when you were growing up? Do you like it now? If not, what name would you like to have? What is your nickname? How do you feel about it?
The meaning of my name is: Form of Christiana. Means follower of Christ. ROFL couldn't be more wrong really could it. I don't do religion although I don't have a single issue with people who do i'm all for personal choice. My view on abortion happens to be the same don't believe in it myself but if someone else chooses to have one thats their choice. I don't mind my name its nice that its unusual and while its not something I would have ever chosen myself my mum did and I have no desire to change it. I dont have nicknames there were lots of names I was called at school but they were insults rather than nicknames. I used to hate some of them with a passion and they made me into a very self concious person who hates her body. The name I chose for all the forums I am on sums up everything I am. Lukasmummy when I got into online forums after losing Leo I felt dejected because thats all I was, I wished I could be Lukas and Leos mummy but it wasn't to be. I was very depressed at the time. I also felt like that was all I was Lukas;s mummy no value as a person except that. Now I love that I am Lukasmummy and its good because it seems appropriate that my name to people when I am at my happiest sums up what makes me the happiest.
Which scrapbooking technique(s) have you seen and liked, but not tried yet? Why did you like it? What scrapbooking technique(s) have you recently tried for the first time? Did you like it and did it work for you
Thats an easy question for me its white space. I just can't do it. My mentality with scrapbooking is the same as it is with life - If theres space fill it.I have tried it on a few occasions but the layouts always seem to lack something for me. I liked the style because it looked classy and effortless but when I tried it I found its a lot easier to fill every available part lol. I recently tried doodles and freestyle for the first time, that doesn't work for me either theres nowhere for your eyes to rest when I do them. It just comes across as busy. I love to try new techniques sometimes they work and sometimes they don't eventually I hope that I will make one layout that I look at and say wow.

1 comment:

new2this said...

In the meantime, Crystal, let us look at your LOs for you 'cos I know we will say WOW! ... you do the most amazing LOs and the journalling on some just makes us want to cry, it's so truthful, personal and quite literally, beautiful!!