Friday, March 07, 2008

Working on a little hybrid project

Last night I started working on a little hybrid project, using Chrissy's brand new release of Mint Tin Album Templates. I have seen quite a few of these done by paper scrappers but to be honest I have never been tempted to try one of my own until now. Mini Albums haven't really held much appeal to me because I rarely print my layouts. I only ever print them for Nan and lately for Lukas. When I saw the templates I knew exactly what to do with them, almost every photograph I have of Leo is too small for a normal layout, the quality on a lot of them is really really bad. If i'd known I only had three months to take his picture I would have taken a lot more, but as it was I didn't want hundreds of photographs of him with wires and tubes all over him and once he came home I was so happy to have him at home it never occured to me to take photographs. There are so many things I wish I had pictures of, like him wearing the teeny tiny snowsuit I had to buy specially that was still massive on him, or the photographs of Lukas's snowsuit he wore with 2 babgros folded up and shoved down the legs so it fit him. He kind of bred my addiction to my camera, because now I take way too many photographs of the same thing because I am scared that I will miss something I want to remember. But anyway I am getting lost in nostalgia, which isn't the point of today's post, the point is these templates gave me the perfect way to display some of the only photos of Leo I have. I do have a couple more pages to finish before I can print and assemble the actual album and when I have done that I will just come back and edit this post to show you the other couple of pages and the finished item.

Credits: Mint Tin Mini Album Templates by Chrissy W and A Flowered Chip On My Shoulder 1, My Wings Have Been Clipped 1, A Papered Life 07 Stayin' @ The Hotel Beverly, Labelled and Typecasted and Bent Frame 1 all by Royanna Lea Fritschmann. Font is BlackJack.

Enabling: Mint Tin Mini Album Templates by Chrissy W available here and A Flowered Chip On My Shoulder 1, My Wings Have Been Clipped 1, A Papered Life 07 Stayin' @ The Hotel Beverly, Labelled and Typecasted and Bent Frame 1 all by Royanna Lea Fritschmann available here, here, here and here. I think the bent frame 1 was a Royanna freebie but I can't remember where I picked it up from. BlackJack font can be downloaded here.

No comments: