Saturday, March 08, 2008

ADSR Season 3 Layout 3

The 3rd stop was right here at Digital Scrapbook Memories
Challenge: OPTIONAL PARTICIPATION
1.Make a scrapbook page about yourself.
2.Fill at least half of the page with journaling about yourself.
There are no other rules. Obviously, it would be best if you include a picture of yourself but you don't have to. One of my favorite layouts actually doesn't have a picture on it. I hope you have fun with this challenge but most of all I hope this is a layout you are grateful for in the years to come.
Deadline: Sunday March 9th Midnight EST
Prize: The original prize offered for this challenge was a copy of the In The Mood cd for a reduced price of $5 instead of it's usual $25. But due to the race rules stating that we would never have to buy anything to take part an alternative choice of prize (a free layered template) is now available. We just have to inform the challenge host which prize we would like.

My Take: Writing half a page of journalling is not difficult for me, I like to write. But choosing a subject to write about was difficult. Then I couldn't find any photographs to go with it. I struggled with getting this challenge done, and considered choosing to opt out of completing this one. I am not completely satisfied with the end result, I like the journalling but I might remake this at a later date and see if I can find a way to make myself like it better.
Credits:Layered template by Janet Phillips (Tell The Story, Template 1), A Papered Life 17 Sent Over The Edge by Royanna Lea Fritschmann and Learn Live Hope wordart by Bethany Harty (Elegant Wordart). Font is DJB Erika by Darcy Baldwin.

Journalling reads:Someone once told me that “life doesn’t begin until you leave school and get out in the real world. That will be when you are faced with real challenges and it’s those challenges that will teach you life skills.” What they didn’t say was that there would be so many life lessons to learn, they also failed to mention how much each of them would hurt and how hard they would be to endure. But most of all they forgot to mention that life as I knew it would no longer exist, because each trial would change me forever. Some would leave me weak but somehow I would find the strength to not only endure them but to learn from them and emerge from them as a better and stronger person. If anyone had told me some of the things I would have to endure I might well have just given up there and then. But because I had no warning, I was forced to deal with each and every trial life threw at me. Sure I learnt a lot of things the hard way and I cried a lot of tears along the way. I learnt what a broken heart feels like and I picked up the pieces more times than I care to admit. My spirit took a real battering and my heart bears the scars of my hurt. But i’m still standing.When I look back at everything that has happened I question how I managed to get through it all. I know there were times when I felt like it was impossible. There were times when I wanted to give up. But I am so glad I didn’t. I have learnt so much about myself. But the things that stand out to me the most are that I can keep going for so much longer than I think I can. I don’t seem to know the meaning of the word quit and no-one has power over me unless I give it to them. I hope that knowing these things helps to make me the best wife and mother I can be.

Enabling: Tell The Story by Janet Phillips available here, A Papered Life 17 - Sent Over The Edge by Royanna Lea Fritschmann is available here and the wordart is available free here on Bethany's new blog (if you like wordart you will be in heaven, I recently saw her blog link on DST and I am in love lol her blog is jam packed with free wordart and it's a great read too).

No comments: