Wednesday, March 26, 2008

ADSR Season 3 Layout 8

The 8th Challenge was right here at Natural Designs In Scrapbooking
Challenge:Scrap about your most memorable vacation or trip. It can be memorable for being everything you dreamed of, like your honeymoon or that magical Disney cruise, or it can be memorable because the airlines lost your luggage, the car rental place gave you a car that broke down on the way to the hotel that gave your room away to someone else because you were late checking in and the only room they have left is the one next to the ice machine and it's making noise all night long.And because we love a good challenge, here are your restrictions:
1) Use only B&W Photo(s)
2) Do not use any travel themed elements or papers (i.e planes, trains or automobiles, postcards, etc.)
3) Use only ONE word as your title
4) You must incorporate the lyrics to some song in your journaling somehow. You don't have to include the whole song, just a line or even a few words. Just let us know what song it is in your credits.
That's it. Have fun!!
Deadline: Sunday March 23rd Midnight EST.
Prize: A mega kit designed for the event by NDISB designers.
My Take: I had the perfect photos for this one, don't get much more memorable holidays than the one where you almost drowned lol. So I dug through the photos and tried to scan them in, only the scanner didn't want to cooperate everything was coming out almost white. So I tried to photograph the photo only the camera still doesn't really work right after the funeral. So I had a very novel idea, put the photo on my monitor, turn off my monitor so it goes black and take the photo like that worked perfectly, and I was very pleased with my initiative lol. I combined it with a CT assignment for Royanna that seemed to call out for use with black and white photos. The only part I really struggled with was turning the photo black and white every trick I usually use made the photo look awful, lightroom to the rescue, lots of playing around and I finally worked out a preset that didn't make it look too grainy, too dark, too blurry or too washed out.

Credits: Layered template by Chrissy W (Mixin' It Up {Again} Template 1) and Spring Symphony by Royanna Lea Fritschmann. Fonts are BlackJack and 4990810. Song Lyrics from Summer Holiday by Cliff Richard.

Journalling reads:Cliff Richard once said “Everybody has a summer holiday, Doin' things they always wanted to”. Most people want to spend their entire holiday sitting by the pool sipping cold drinks and working on their sun tans. The pool looked like a great idea until my cousin fell beside it and split her chin open requiring quite a few stitches to fix it, On my 1st day there I slipped into the shallow end and of itand on the 2nd day I slipped into the deep end of itand had to be rescued by a very nice man who just happened to see me fall. After all that we figured that no matter how fun the pool was avoiding it where possible was just safer. We had a great time doing other stuff and spent two weeks eating nothing but toasted cheese sandwiches and ice lollies from the bar.

Enabling: Mixin It Up {Again} by Chrissy W available here (Digital Candy's store is currently down will update when it's back up) and Spring Symphony by Royanna Lea Fritschmann available here.

No comments: