Friday, March 28, 2008

Regrets

Created for last weeks Mrs Wresh Blog Challenge (don't ask me what number challenge we are on because I just can't remember lol) Credits: Layered template by Mrs Wresh (template 14), Autumn Mist and Autumn Mist Snaplet by Royanna Lea Fritschmann and Ink Swirl Alpha Lower and Upper by Chris Beasley (Seebee's Freebies). Fonts are KGD Joanne by Kimberly Geswein, VTC Sunday Komix Tall and English.

Journalling reads: I’m not ashamed to admit there are a lot of things I regret in my life. I regret not taking more photos of Leo, I thought that I would have plenty of time to take photos once he got home, cute photos without tubes and wires, I regret not making more of an effort to talk to and visit my mother in law before she died, I knew she was sick, I knew the cancer was terminal but I didn’t feel well enough to make the effort to go and see her, I was filled with hostility towards her because of things she had said and done, if i’d known just how sick she was none of that would have mattered. I regret not making a backup copy of all Lukas’s baby photos before Mark touched to computer and erased them all. All I had left was a few that had been printed out, and some polaroids. Each and every one of my regrets is in all honesty, one simple regret - I regret that I always assumed there would be a tomorrow to get everything done. I wasted precious moments because I forgot that those moments could be the last ones I got to experience with the ones I love. Even hindsight doesn’t stop me from ending up in situations that could be avoided if I just stopped procrastinating. I always make the effort to never go to sleep without telling everyone I love how I feel, telling them each night is at least preventing a future regret of them not knowing how much I cared about them. Until I learn to cherish every moment, and stop wasting time there will always be regrets, but i’m ok with that because my regrets make me the person I am, I learn something new with each and every one.

Enabling: Autumn Mist by Royanna Lea Fritschmann available here and Ink Swirl Alpha Lower and Upper by Chris Beasley (Seebee's Freebies) available here. Layered template by Mrs Wresh (template 14) I think was a freebie on her blog and Autumn Mist snaplet was a freebie at Divine Digital.

No comments: