Saturday, February 23, 2008

Simply You Layout 1

I signed up for a new challenge over at Divine Digital, it's called Simply You with with Gina Miller {Simply Homespun Designs}. You can find all the details here if you want to take a look. Each week 5 prompts are posted, you have to create layouts based on at least 2 of the 5 each week, 90% of the products used must be from the Divine Digital boutique. The layouts must be brand new, never posted anywhere else and cannot be made using quick pages. To be honest I am not really interested in the prize for completing the project, I just thought it would be a cool challenge and a great way to inspire my CT work lol. Obviously I have a lot of products from Divine Digital, for a start I own almost Royanna's whole store lol. I am always up for something new, so I have this to work on and the 1st ADSR challenge should be up tomorrow, I am still intending to carry on with Mrs Wresh's Blog challenges and anything else that takes my fancy. I like having something other than my crappy marriage to focus on lol.

Loosely based on a sketch by Chris Greiser (Feb07_sketch3 right).

Credits: Feelin' Lucky and Gettin' Stitched Up 01 by Royanna Lea Fritschmann. Fonts are DJB Writes A Lot by Darcy Baldwin and Dymo.

Journalling reads: I took this photograph from the window of our old bedroom at Mark’s Parents house. I opened the window and leaned out so I could try and take a photograph. There wasn’t fingerprints or dust on my lens all that blurry/cloudy area that was the rainstorm. It went from a clear sky to this massive downpour in such a short space of time, I wanted to try and capture a photograph of it because I found it utterly amazing. It made me appreciate just how fast things can change, how something dangerous can come from nowhere without warning. I remember feeling in awe of the power that the weather held that day, but more than that I remember feeling relieved that we had a warm dry house to be safe inside until it stopped. I felt sorry for anyone who was caught outside in it and for everyone who didn’t have a home to be safe inside. Who would have thought that something as simple as a rainstorm would be such a huge reminder of how lucky I am and how much I have to be greatful for.

Enabling: Feelin' Lucky and Gettin' Stitched Up 01 by Royanna Lea Fritschmann available here and here. You can pick up the DJB Writes A Lot Font by Darcy Baldwin here, and Dymo can be downloaded here, if you want to see the original sketch you can do that in Chris's gallery here her blog is also well worth a look if sketches are your thing, she sells great templates too.

No comments: