Wednesday, April 07, 2010

Sharing yesterday’s layout

I started this one on Monday but left it unfinished because I was feeling so ill. For some reason I seem to be in the mood to scrap really old photos lately. The strange thing was I actually chose these photos to scrap before I started scrapping. That’s backwards for me, usually I pick the template I want to use first, then the kit/elements, then the photos. With the exception of my P365 layouts I add the journalling first and then the photos before I start really scrapping the page. I am not really a themed scrapper, I like to use things that match the colours in the photo or I find a pattern I like and recolour it to make it match the photos. When I saw these photos I thought they would work really well with an Autumn themed kit by Red Genius Enterprises called Fall Into Fall. I had spotted it the other day while browsing the store but I didn’t really have a clue what I wanted to do with them. Since the photos are so old they are not great quality so I know they couldn’t be huge focal points on the page. Mark bought me some templates from DSDI when they were on sale, simply because they were on sale lol. I never had plans for what I wanted to do with them, except a vague idea that if I had templates from there I could do more challenges from there lol. DSDI don’t require use of their products but I personally feel guilty uploading anything to a gallery that doesn’t have something from that store in it. Anyway I am rambling aren’t I sorry. The point I was trying to make was that when I started this page the only idea I had was to use the brown background paper from the kit and maybe recolour the papers a tiny bit to match the bowling balls better. The layout kind of took on a life of it’s own and ended up being suitable for the Killer Threads Challenge. I probably wouldn’t ever have imagined doing this with these photos but I really love the finished layout, I hardly ever say that.

Bowlplex

Credits: Layered template (Blocked Out Templates, Template 2) by Denise Tilley (DigiDesigns by Denise), Shine On DSDI Exclusive Freebie by Jewel Goodwin (Mad Genius Designs), Fall Into Fall and Fall Into Fall glitters by Jane Shaver and Jewel Goodwin (Red Genius Enterprises), CU Neon Styles by Scrappin Cop and Lomo V2 Photo Actions (Lomo No Vignette Action) by Addicted To Design (A2D). Fonts are SF Cartoonist Hand SC and My Own Topher.

Journalling reads: You have been bowling before, when we went to Aylesbury, but we decided it would be a nice after school treat to take you to the local Bowlplex. We have never been there before, even though it’s just over a mile from our house. When we picked you up from school, we told you where we were going. You were so excited! You were very disappointed that we had to go home and get changed before we could get going. You were so impatient and kept telling us to hurry up. As we were waiting for the bus you struggled to calm down, you were firing questions at us and hardly even stopping for breath. Once we got there you somehow managed to take in all of the little details, like the sign on the wall outside and the games arcade just inside the door. It was all of the little details that made it so special, like how you were ecstatic that you and Daddy had almost matching shoes, and thought it was funny that Mummy had ugly red lace up ones. The obvious thrill you got, out of helping Daddy type in your name on the keypad. How you insisted on using a heavier ball than we thought you would be able to handle and how you were annoyed that you couldn’t find a blue ball. You ended up being really good at Bowling, both with the support frame and without. We played 2 games and you and Daddy ended up winning one each. I had so much fun watching you both and taking photos, until the camera batteries died. We decided to finish off the evening with burgers and chips at the bowling alley. you had a kids meal that came with a cow Mask and played on the bob the builder ride on, before we got a taxi back home. It was a really nice evening. When we got home I was a little sad to see that because of the bad lighting in the bowling alley, hardly any of the photos were useable. The colours were really bad but I did manage to save a few. At least we have the memories of going and there’s always next time for more photos!

Enabling: Blocked Out Templates by Denise Tilley (DigiDesigns by Denise) available here, Fall Into Fall and Fall Into Fall Glitters by Jane Shaver and Jewel Goodwin (Red Genius Enterprises) available here and here, CU Neon Styles by Scrappin Cop available here and Lomo V2 Photo Actions by Addicted To Design (A2D) available here. SF Cartoonist Hand SC font available here and My Own Topher font available here. Shine On by Jewel Goodwin (Mad Genius Designs) doesn’t seem to be available at the moment sorry.

1 comment:

Renee Zieglmeier said...

cute layout. I have a ton of bowling photos to scrap myself.
I love that butt crack shot too! haha.