Wednesday, June 11, 2008

So do you want to see the hybrid project

I was talking about yesterday? The finished result really does look better than I thought it would do when I was making it. My hybrid skills are definately in need of a lot of improvement before I tackle those albums I bought, but it's not bad for what is essentially my 1st real attempt at doing a hybrid project, I have only really made bags and stuff like pillowboxes before. I also have a purely digital layout to share with you today, which although it looks simple took hours to make because I am having such a hard time concentrating at the moment. I am really getting fed up of feeling so ill all the time, but more than that I am sick of the shakes that come with no warning and last for as long as they feel like, sometimes it's minutes and other times it's hours. There seems to be no common reason it starts and nothing I do helps it's just a matter of waiting for it to end. *sigh* but anyway here's the hybrid card which was created for week 3 of the 52 Card Pickup challenge hosted by Bree Clarkson at Sweet Shoppe Designs. I haven't even attempted weeks 1 and 2 yet.Credits: Layered template (Speedy Greetings, Template 5) by Chrissy W and Cherry Blossoms by Kristin Cronin Barrow. Hybrid elements title with 3d foam pads and pink gingham ribbon from Early Learning Centre.

Enabling: Speedy Greetings Templates by Chrissy W available here, Cherry Blossoms by Kristin Cronin Barrow available here. 3D foam pads should be available in any decent craft store either bricks and mortar or online, and you can also find them in a lot of stationary/office supply shops. If you can't find them there's always Ebay. As for the ribbon I got mine in a pack with other colours from the Early Learning Centre store which if your not in the UK you may be asking what's that, it's actually a toy shop chain, but they do have a website, although personally I use this one (oh dear that was a bad idea, they have lots of new stuff I hadn't seen before, next time I go to the city centre I may have to investigate further lol) If your only looking for pink gingham ribbon though ebay or maybe a local fabric store may be a better option.

The layout was inspired after I started looking through the photos for a photograph of Lukas that I fancied scrapping. I came across this one that Mark took when him and Lukas went out together for the day, there were a lot of other photos of flowers as well. They thought I would find them pretty, and I do I really do. So much better than the real thing, no pollen for a start lol.
Credits: Layered template (Starting Blocks 4 - A Circle And A Square, Template 1) and Orange Blossom by Amy Bleser. Fonts are Agent Orange and 3rd Man.

Enabling: Starting Blocks 4 - A Circle And A Square Templates by Amy Bleser available here, here and here. Orange Blossom by Amy Bleser is currently for sale here but I think it will be coming down soon I can't remember the exact details so if you want it go and get it now! I also can't remember where exactly I got the fonts from but I will have a quick look later and if I find them I will come back and add the details.

1 comment:

ChrissyW said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!! Crystal - this card is PERFECT!!! blogging this soon!!!