Thursday, June 12, 2008

I meant to post this earlier

But I am really not feeling very well today, I was up all night and all day then I fell asleep. I got woken up about 2 hours ago by the pouring rain. So I haven't had a very productive day. Lukas went swimming with the school for the 1st time today, I was worried about him going because of the problems with his ears. He has drops from the doctor he's supposed to have twice a day but right now we are only giving them to him at night because once we do them he can't hear anything. I haven't seen him to ask if he enjoyed it but Mark said he couldn't stop talking about it on the way home. The school called this morning because he freaked out before he went swimming, got himself into a state over the latex swimming hat so they rung me to find out what his problem was. Apparently he tried to tell them something about it and couldn't get the words out because he was so wound up. I knew straight away what he was trying to tell them, I can't take it home because of mummy being allergic to it. He's a little sweetheart when it comes to my allergies, I often hear mummy stay upstairs there is a wasp down here, mummy has this got latex in. It sometimes makes me sad that everyone else has to make adaptations as well, I mean it's my problem but it affects everyone else as well. But anyway here's what I did this morning it was created for a slogan challenge at Sweet Shoppe Designs, I do have a little confession to make though when I first saw the kit I used I couldn't think of any way I would use it, so on it's new release day when it was 30% off I left it. This morning when I found these photos I knew it would be perfect so I went and bought it, at full price. I so rarely do that since usually I am buying because it's pretty, or I like or it's on sale. I buy things with the intent of using them and then forget I have them or just don't have the time to scrap with them. I am not the sort of scrapper who usually buys something to finish of a page, maybe because I tend to be making layouts for CT's or for challenges. But I do love the end result of this, can't wait to show Lukas.
Credits: Layered template (Patti'licious, template 1) by Chrissy W and Grumpy Bubby by Shawna Clingerman. Font is DJB Merry by Darcy Baldwin.

Journalling reads: It started off just a school day just like any other, with you happily watching Television. Then I told you that I wanted to take some pictures, since it was your last day of term and I got the sulky miserable face. Which turned into a full blown tantrum! No more tears little man it is your last day of term you should be happy!

Enabling: Patti'licious templates by Chrissy W available here and Grumpy Bubby by Shawna Clingerman available here I can't seem to find DJB Merry in the store sorry.

1 comment:

ChrissyW said...

this is fantastic!!! love it so much!!! great page girl!