Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Another Day Another Challenge

But before we get to that I just want to ramble for a little while. I tried something this afternoon with Lukas that I have never done before, while Nan was out I washed the dishes and let Lukas dry them up. It was just so adorable to watch him being so careful when putting the plates away. He was so proud of himself and kept saying "I'm Helping" and "I haven't done the job before". He was really excited to tell Nan that he had done it. I understand now what his school are talking about, I have never got it before because everything I ask him to do seems to fall on deaf ears lol. Speaking of school Lukas goes back tomorrow and he's very excited about it but he's been complaining all evening that his tummy hurts. I am hoping it will sort itself out before tomorrow, so he can go as I would hate to disappoint him. He has missed learning things and playing with his friends. Tonight he said something really cute to me, he was sitting watching television before bed, and out of the blue he came out with, "Mummy, you do know I love you right?" After I turned to mush I managed to tell him that I did know and I loved him so much there wasn't a number big enough to measure it. He smiled and came over and gave me a hug before going back to watching his programme lol. He's just the sweetest little boy ever I truly would be lost without him. He's getting so grown up now, it's always nice to see there are still times that he needs me, and I always love to hear that he loves me, it makes me feel special. Before he went to bed he helped me make this layout for a Spin-A-Lift Challenge at Sweet Shoppe Designs. He helped me pick all the stuff to use but fell asleep before it was done. I hope he likes the finished result. I'm sure he will soon tell me what to change if he doesn't lol. Spin-A-Lift (Flipped Horizontally and slightly altered) of My Boy by Holly Griego (h_griego) found here.
Credits: Layered Template (Inspired By Holly, Template 2) and Ship Mates by Amanda Slagle (Mandabean) and Kay Miller. Fonts are 4990810 and GG Bean.

Journalling reads: In your reception class, you did lots of things to help make learning fun. One of those things was a pirate themed week. You spent the week learning about pirates by doing things like talking like a pirate, and making paper swords and pirate hats. Then at the end of the week, everyone got to wear pirate costumes for the day, and mummy and daddy were invited to your Pirate Picnic. All of you did a special parade in your outfits and then we sat on the grass and had a picnic that included the special pirate cakes you had baked. It was lots of fun.

Enabling: Inspired by Holly Templates by Bree Clarkson available here and Ship Mates by Amanda Slagle (Mandabean) and Kay Miller here. I will link the fonts up tomorrow. I still have some stuff to do before I can go to bed and it's already 1:30am lol.

No comments: