Tuesday, June 10, 2008

from disaster to creation

Mark went and got the new paper trimmer today for me, to say it's a piece of crap would be the understatement of the century. It shredded my project when I tried to use it, I caught my hand in between the slider containing the blade and the crappy plastic ruler part and then just for added fun the double sided tape I ordered had latex in the glue. Fun times, so with my fingers red, sore and very swollen I resorted to cutting it out with scissors, I didn't do that bad of a job really but to the perfectionist in me, the finished results look well rubbish frankly. But the disaster of trying to craft with real materials did inspire me to go back to what I do normally which is scrap digitally on my computer. A lot more comfortable for me, especially since there are no sharp objects or glue involved lol. I decided to go for something a little out of my comfort zone, a white space layout. But the end result is actually a lot better than I thought it would be. It's not that I don't like space it's just that I have a natural compulsion to fill every available space with stuff lol. White space layouts always just seem unfinished somehow to me, but I am always trying to improve my scrapping skills and try new techniques. Like I have said before I will try anything once or maybe twice lol. But anyway here's the layout, I will post a photograph of my other project tomorrow, it's too late for me to get the camera out and photograph it lol.
Credits: Redefined Number 8, From My Notebook - A Perfect Day Autumn, Special Offer November 2007, 52 Inspirations 2007 Week 2 and From My Notebook Schoolbook Frames all by Sue Cummings. Font is DJB Nicole by Darcy Baldwin.

Journalling reads: We had promised to take Lukas to the park, but when it came to it I was too sick to go. Instead of letting him down Mark decided to take him out for the day all by himself. They had a great time together, feeding the ducks and playing in the park together. I got some scrapbooking done while they were out, but I was so sad I was missing being out with them because of my health again. I was so touched that Mark realised I would be sad I had missed seeing these birds building a nest, so he took these photos just for me, so even though I missed being there I still got to see it.

No comments: