Friday, June 13, 2008

Gone a little hybrid crazy

maybe 8:30 and then went into his room to watch a dvd lol. I crafted and watched some TV (Boston Legal, House, Grey's Anatomy and Charmed). Then I played Brain Training on Lukas's Nintendo DS lol. So I have had a very productive and pretty fun day, it's been pouring with rain so the windows have been closed which means no pollen, no grass and being able to breathe a lot better for the first time in ages. This is just one of the reasons I love my blog so much, I like having proof that sometimes in the seemingly endless crappy days there are occasionally good ones, or at least better ones lol. So do you want to see the cards I made? (It's not really a question is it since I am going to show you them whether you want to see them or not lol). Tfor someone who doesn't like glue I have really been busy with it today, I think I am getting slightly addicted and I really don't need another addiction lol. I have ordered more stuff on ebay, 3D foam pads, 3D foam tape and I am bidding on some wooden letters, that reminds me though I need to pick up some glue dots as well lol. I have made 3 hybrid cards and almost finished a layout today. Of course it helps that my day started at 2am this morning, I am still up and when Lukas came home from school he went out almost straight away lol. Lisa asked if Lukas wanted to go to the fair with them and after a quick clothes change off he went. He got back about 8his one was created for Nan, her favourite colour is purple and I thought it would be nice for when she goes into hospital. I showed her earlier and she really likes it. She keeps everything I make her, I always show her my projects because she's the only person whose actually interested in looking at them. As much as I know she will probably like anything I make her I still like to show her and ask her if she likes it. It gives me a little buzz when I see her proudly showing off things I have made even if I think it's crap she still does it.Credits: Layered template (Sample Pack 2, Template 1) by Chrissy W and Sugar and Spice by Zoe Pearn. Hybrid elements 3D Foam Pads, Herma, Purple Satin Ribbon from Early Learning Centre and Purple Glitter Paper from my paper tray no idea where it all came from sorry.

Enabling: I am only going to do the digital stuff today. Sample Pack 2 by Chrissy W available here and Sugar and Spice by Zoe Pearn by Zoe Pearn available here.

This second one was created for the 52 Card Pick Up Week 2 Challenge at Sweet Shoppe Designs. Required elements for this one were a card size of 5x5 inches, the colour yellow and the required element was a doodle or doodles. I will say this about it though it took a long time to cut out and assemble, and that ribbon gave me nothing but hassle. But I still really like this card.
Credits: Layered template (Mixin' It Up {Again}, Template 1 by Chrissy W, The Softer Side and Messy Foamy Stampy Alpha Brushes by Traci Reed and Doodlefied by Lauren Grier. Hybrid elements 3D Foam Pads, Herma and Assorted ribbons from Ebay.

Enabling: Mixin' It Up {Again} templates by Chrissy W available here, The Softer Side and
Messy Foamy Stampy Alpha Brushes by Traci Reed available here and here and Doodlefied by Lauren Grier I can't seem to find in the store sorry.

The third and final one (well for today anyway lol) originally started out as the one above, but I kinda of messed it up. Since it was a 5x5 card I couldn't do my usual, which is to reprint anything I happen to want more of or need to redo lol on 4x6 paper because I have a whole box of it that I got cheap, it's quicker and it means a lot less waste. So I decided to reprint the entire card again and salvage all of the stuff that was ok for another card. Guess it's a good job I have way too many blank cards in various sizes lol. I'm getting really good at making everything I want to use fit on 1 A4 sheet of photo paper and then cutting it out. My cutting skills are improving it's hard with my hands the way they are but I am managing and I am having a lot of fun doing it.Credits: Layered template (Mixin' It Up {Again}, Template 1 altered) by Chrissy W and The Softer Side by Traci Reed. Hybrid elements: 3D Foam, Herma and Blue Spotted Ribbon from Early Learning Centre.

Enabling: Mixin' It Up {Again} Templates by Chrissy W available here, The Softer Side and
Messy Foamy Stampy Alpha Brushes by Traci Reed available here and here.

1 comment:

ChrissyW said...

WOW - did you EVER!!!! well done girl!