Monday, June 16, 2008

Happy Fathers Day

I spent the whole of yesterday working on this project for Mark. I did intend to make it using Chrissy's CD templates but I couldn't decide on a kit and then I was kind of running out of time lol. So I went for the Denim Blues CD Album by Megan Farrows (Flergs) and used the matching kit to add a few things. It took hours to cut out and assemble this, but it was worth it he really liked it. The only problem was that by the time it was finished I was wiped out, and I have spent the whole of today feeling really ill. I have been asleep most of the day but that doesn't bother Mark because it means he can spend the whole day sitting on his bum watching sport and that's his idea of a perfect day lol. I'm a bit sad that Mark forgot to get a card for my dad, he's going to think I forgot about him, since I don't have his number to call him either. I think I will make him a card tomorrow and write a letter explaining why it's late. I still miss sending Karl (my stepdad) a card he was a great dad to me, and I really do miss him but he hasn't had anything to do with me since that fight my mum caused before my wedding. Mark got his dad a card after much nagging from me, but he put it through the letterbox and never even picked up the phone and called him today. He makes me so mad, he does this every year, I would be devastated if Lukas acted anything like Mark does to his dad and his mum when she was alive. Parents matter and I really wish Mark would realise that. But anyway here's Mark's present I have put it in a slide show for ease of showing you but I will add all the credits underneath incase you are interested. I used the Kaisercraft Circle Album (which is 3.5 inches wide), I edged it with double sided tape and gold glitter. I used a nail file for the edges and Herma combined with double sided tape to attatch the prints to the album and some jump rings from ebay to attach it all together.



Front Cover:Denim Blues CD Album (page 6) by Megan Farrows (Flergs). Font is MTF Base Outline by Miss Tiina.
Journaling reads: Happy Fathers Day.

Page 2:Denim Blues and Denim Blues CD Album (page 14) by Megan Farrows (Flergs). Font is MTF Base by Miss Tiina.
Journalling reads: Our first cuddles together.

Page 3:Denim Blues and Denim Blues CD Album (page 3) by Megan Farrows (Flergs). Font is MTF Base by Miss Tiina

Page 4:Denim Blues and Denim Blues CD Album (Page 10) by Megan Farrows (Flergs). Font is MTF Base by Miss Tiina.
Journalling reads: The night we went to Bobby Roberts Super Circus. 30/03/07

Page 5:Denim Blues CD Album (Page 8) by Megan Farrows (Flergs)

Page 6:Denim Blues and Denim Blues CD Album (Page 13) by Megan Farrows (Flergs). Font is MTF Base by Miss Tiina.
Journalling reads: Going to the fair September 2007.

Page 7:Denim Blues CD Album (Page 9) by Megan Farrows (Flergs). Font is MTF Base by Miss Tiina.
Journalling reads: Visiting Santa at Cowley Centre 07.

Page 8:Denim Blues CD Album (Page 16) by Megan Farrows (Flergs) Font is MTF Base by Miss Tiina.
Journalling reads: Christmas Day 07

Page 9:Denim Blues and Denim Blues CD Album (Page 15) by Megan Farrows (Flergs). Font is MTF Base by Miss Tiina.
Journalling reads: Getting ready to play outside when it snowed. 6/4/2008

Page 10:Denim Blues CD Album (Page 11) by Megan Farrows (Flergs) Font is MTF Base by Miss Tiina.
Journalling reads: Building a snowbaby.

Page 11:Denim Blues CD Album (Page 7) by Megan Farrows (Flergs). Font is MTF Base by Miss Tiina.
Journalling reads: Playing pogo together on the laptop.

Back Cover:Denim Blues and Denim Blues CD Album (Page 1) by Megan Farrows (Flergs).

Enabling: Denim Blues and Denim Blues CD Album by Megan Farrows (Flergs) available here and here. MTF Base and MTF Base Outline fonts by Miss Tiina available here and here.
I got my Kaisercraft circle album here (which hapens to be the only UK stockist, for anywhere else you will have to rely on google sorry), the adhesives can probably be found on Ebay I got mine same place as the album. I got the jump rings (used the 38mm size for this project because the 25mm weren't quite big enough from this seller on Ebay. The glitter and the nail files were already hanging around the house.

I'll be back in a bit I have a hybrid card to show you but I have to get the photos off the camera card first lol.

1 comment:

ChrissyW said...

WOW!!!! that's SO impressive well done!!