Sunday, January 20, 2008

Why???

Now before I start rambling away to myself, this post is on an entirely different subject there are no hidden digs at the dh (no the d still isn't for dear lol) I am just ranting away on a completely unrelated subject. If your reading this and you are American you probably won't understand exactly what I am on about but you can follow the main flow I expect if not leave me a comment and I'll try and explain what I am on about. Right now that we have that out of the way we can move right onto this morning's rant. Ok so as you have guessed from the title something has annoyed me and it's not even 7am this day is off to a real good start lol (although I suppose technically the day hasn't started yet since I haven't been to bed yet lol). When Nan went shopping she saw this new Dairy Milk chocolate on special offer knowing that Dairy Milk is my second favourite behind Galaxy (I think it's called Dove in some places) she bought some to cheer me up sweet wasn't she. Thinking that the label double chocolate could only mean good things. Actually I agreed with her thinking anything that's labelled as having double chocolate can't be a bad thing right I mean it's more chocolate. Only it's not, if anything it's more like the most disgusting of all chocolate fillings - Caramel only it's chocolate coloured. Don't get me wrong not all Caramel is disgusting Galazy Caramels are yummy (I got a liking for them when I was pregnant with Leo those and Milky Ways lol) but they are an absolute pain in the bum to find. You only seem to be able to get them in vending machines see there is an advantage to Mark working in a hospital lol. The caramel in the purple quality streets isn't bad either. But anyway I have gone off on a little sidestep again and I am trying to swing back to the original question of why??? Why would you ruin perfectly good chocolate and then falsely advertise it as Double Chocolate. It's bad enough they already have the usual ways of ruining chocolate like fruit and nut yuck, raisins aren't meant to be in chocolate it kind of defeats the purpose doesn't it I mean chocolate isn't supposed to have fruit in it it's supposed to be indulgent and melt in your mouth not melt and leave gooey gross raisins behind lol. Then there's the rest of the range I mean come on Cadbury's what were you thinking with the Turkish Delight bars? If I fancied eating something that was sickly, sweet and tasted midly like perfume there's a perfectly good fruit soap in the bathroom rofl. I tolerate the whole nut but I still think it's better when it's just chocolate because let's be honest the nuts are usually slightly soggy and stale tasting. Now in all fairness they do get it right sometimes, Cadbury also make Bournville which is pretty yummy, Double decker which tastes great from the freezer (yeah another trick I picked up while pregnant but not with Leo), don't like crunchie's very much although they will do if there's nothing better and flake's although they do taste good the crumbling all over the place drives me insane. I would rather have a galaxy ripple any day lol but if I couldn't get that a Twirl is definitely better than a flake. I'm also very partial to Boost's another one that needs to come from the fridge at the very least. Curly Whirly's and Freddie the frog bars are a blast from the past but the ones I miss and swoon have just noticed on the website are being relaunched is Wispas mmmmm. Look I got all wrapped in reminiscing and fantasising about chocolate and I forgot the point of the post, Cadbury's ruined what could have been a perfectly nice way to spend my sleepless night eating chocolate, organising stash and listening to my music the fact that the reason I can't sleep because I am hurting kind of got pushed to the don't bother me I am indulging in chocolate mindset and then when you bite into it and it's not double chocolate it's chocolate with a crappy caramel-ish centre it's disappointing. Oh well guess I will have to go downstairs and raid the Christmas supplies that don't seem to be disappearing in fact I am pretty sure I can hear those Celebrations calling my name and best off all there's Galaxy Caramel minis in there lol. If all else fails there's still selection boxes and various other chocolate substances that I can substitute like that tin of Cadbury's biscuits.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was reading this while munching on my favourite snack, nodding along, agreeing with everything...

then i stopped. GLARED. And FROWNED.

(Then I put my chocolate sultanas to one side so they wouldn't be offended by your thread, while I read the rest of your post.)

As soon as I've left your site, i'll let them back to visit the internet again ;-)