Thursday, January 03, 2008

Let's talk addictions

I admit I have a bit of an addictive personality, I buy something and I want the whole set I hate to buy Papers without Elements and vice versa. If I find a designer I like I am only content when there entire store resides on my hard drive. I hate having kits missing from my collections. If I see something I like I buy it in as many different varities as I can find until I get bored and move onto something else or until I own all of the available ones. So do you want to know my biggest addictions? I am a digi scrap hoarder, I scrap a lot but no where near quick enough or in vast enough quantities to account for my stash of digital goodies. So on that topic I will tell you exactly what I have the biggest weaknesses for. Alpha Brushes and Layered Templates are easily my biggest weaknesses. Closely followed by my new addiction to wordart and gorgeous papers. I wonder if I will be able to change any of my bad spending habits this year? (now where's that smiley that is violently shaking it's head No, No, No lol) I am going to try though. I also have an addiction to music I love to listen to that or audiobooks while I scrap, so more decent music means less time spent having to look for a decent cd that isn't scratched. I love my ipod I plugged it into an old set of speakers and it just plays away to itself without me having to do anything, or at least it does when I remember to charge it up lol. I have a weakness as far as clothes are concerned as well or more accurately shoes, I love shoes. Can't wear them for very long without wanting to cry because of the pain in my hips but I have quite a collection platfroms being my absolute favourite because I hate heels but I love height. I don't own a really comfortable pair of shoes but I do have quite a few different pairs that I can wear for a while. I buy quite a few clothes because I am still searching for the elusive perfect outfit. Wondering what that is? A top that doesn't ride up, or show too much cleavage with long sleeves that can be pushed up and will actually stay up without cutting off the blood flow lol. A pair of trousers that are long enough (not a very common find unfortunately) tall ones are too long, normal ones are too short, that don't have buttons or a zip because they hurt my stomach where my scars are but a pair that doesn't have a fully elasticated waist or huge gigantic pockets that make no sense, they also need to not slide down constantly or have that awful fabric change (denim to lycra is a bad idea!!) I learnt that from maternity jeans if you are wondering, they come apart at the seams! I would also be ecstatic if they came without belt loops of if they have them that they didn't come off I have lots of jeans with holes in them where the belt loops have caught on something. A pair of knickers that do not ride up my backside while sitting at the desk, that are large enough not to cut off the circulation but small enough to not resemble granny pants or a parachute from the local army surplus store lol. A bra that pushes the boobs up with trying to shove them far enough up to make them escape the confines of their cage, without underwire because that cuts under my arms and in a perfect world with no lacy crap on them to make my tops looks awful (bumpy bras anyone) or to make me want to rip me skin off lol. Finished off with a gorgeous pair of platforms or boots that do not hurt. See I have unattainable goals, what I want never exists and then the substitutes just take up more and more space before eventually they over run all available space and I end up well right here roflmao. Tomorrow (or later if I get around to it) I will tell you about my obsessive behaviour especially the behaviour to do with digital stash and my attempts at organising that stash.

No comments: