Friday, January 18, 2008

Migraines, Allergic Reactions and A New Layout

Lately I am starting to think that all those old horror movies you know the ones where Dracula is made out to be some devilish fiend etc got it all wrong. Poor Dracula wasn't a blood sucking demon he was just a guy who suffered from migraines lol. He didn't want to suck people's blood or kill anyone he just wanted people to leave him the hell alone so he could lay peacefully in the dark. I sympathise with poor old Dracula because these bloody migraines are getting worse and they are driving me batty (see the Dracula reference now lol). There have been times lately where I could have quite cheerfully ripped out someone's throat to get them to shut the hell up. I am used to having headaches constantly, I am used to them being so bad I can't function properly. I have found ways to work around it but well I can cope with headaches I can't cope with these. Especially when things like what happened today happen. This morning when I got up I felt sicker than I have in a while. Mark and Lukas got that who the hell are you and what are you doing in my bed look, they are used to that too they just repeat slowly and repetitively who they are and that they love me until my brain decides to engage itself and remember that the one licking my face that's my 5 year old, and the one trying to touch me up that's my husband. Sometimes that takes a few minutes, sometimes it takes a few hours occasionally that process takes a few days. But anyway I am getting away from the point. This morning not only did I draw a complete blank on who these two guys staring at me were I couldn't move my neck, I was burning up and confusion mixed with pain is never a good combination. We keep some decent painkillers in the cupboard for mornings like these, 2/3 of those a few hours sleep and it usually works itself out I get back to being normally ill lol. This morning the painkillers weren't going to cut it, and we have found that painkillers combined with something to take the temperature down works quicker and is more effective. We keep something in the cupboard for that too they are called Kool 'n' Soothe. They are strips of cooling gel designed to help take sick kids temperature's down. They do exactly the same thing marketed for migraines but at triple the price um no I don't think so. So anyway we've done this many many times before but this morning things didn't exactly go to plan. Mark handed me three of the super kickass migraine painkillers and a drink, so far so good. Opened the window, sorted it so I was vaguely comfortable and then applies a Kool 'n' Soothe thing and goes downstairs. Big mistake! Since we bought these last they have obviously changed something in the way they make them because I had an allergic reaction to them. Now imagine being unable to breathe and knowing why you can't breathe but not being able to left up your neck or having the strength in your arms to rip it off. It was like laying on that operating table with the anaesthetic not working all over again. I couldn't shout because I couldn't breathe, I couldn't fix the problem and I am just very lucky that Mark came upstairs when he did. So today I am thankful for being very very allergic to wasp stings and latex. Bizarre as that sounds they meant we had stuff to hand that would help. I am also very thankful for Mark coming upstairs when he did! He knew straight away what the problem had to be and he took the steps to fix it he even thought to make sure he wiped over where the Kool 'n' Soothe strip had been so there was no residue to cause further problems. Then he left me for the day to sleep it off. I'm not exactly thrilled that he went to work after that but nothing else happened so I guess it's not really a big deal. He did think to leave a drink, the mobile phone with his and nan's number on speed dial and sort out arrangements for Lukas before he went though. So 9/10 hours of sleep later I was feeling a bit better, apart from being completely drained and wiped out. I spent the evening with the main light off and had a bath and then I got the inspiration to create something since the painkillers have worn off and I don't like taking more than one lot a day (don't ask) I was going to be up all night anyway so I thought I may as well be useful. I am thinking it might make a nice anniversary present for Mark's Mum and Dad. The original wedding photo is crappy but I think I made it a bit more presentable. I have to check the date they got married Mark is a bit useless he says they got married in 77 I have a feeling he is wrong but I always save the layered file so it's no big deal to change it. Anyway onto the layout let me know what you think this is another layout that is a bit outside my comfort zone.
Credits: Layered Template (Don't Be Square 8.5x11 Portrait Template 4) and Paper Cutters Large Scallops (Huge Scallop with Holes Paper Rectangle) by Chrissy W, Love Stories Volume 4 Wordart by Sue Jones and Kindred Spirits by Royanna Lea Fritschmann. Font is Selfish.

Enabling: Don't Be Square 8.5x11 Portrait Layered Templates and Paper Cutters Large Scallops by Chrissy W available here and here, Kindred Spirits by Royanna Lea Fritschmann available here. The wordart came from ScrapQuick before it discontinued selling digital products sorry.

2 comments:

Heidi@DigitalCandy said...

hahahaha loved the dracula story - you are a GREAT writer! Love your sense of humour! Glad you hang out at DC with us ;)

ChrissyW said...

for this layout being outside your normal comfort zone you ROCKED it! seriously!! this is one of my new favs well DONE!!!