Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Absolutely gutted!!!

My camera fell off the shelf earlier and I checked it over and felt very relieved that it appeared to be fine. I just got the sudden idea to photograph something (yes I know it's 6:02am I get notions at bizarre times) and right now I want to cry. The image stabalization that I have come to rely on is screwed. It's ok if I keep the camera upright in portrait or landscape but any over the top shots are a definate no go. I take a lot of shots like that because I put things on my desk move the lamp and photograph them over the top it's easier than trying to stand them up and move all the crap on my desk lol. I do have other cameras but none of them are anywhere near the quality this one does. The biggest problem I have is if that doesn't work what else doesn't. I am really fed up about it. It's kind of my fault as well which makes it worse. I had the camera on my new tripod I wanted to see how I had to arrange it to make it stand up, I played with it for quite a while because it kept looking like it was tipping over then I finally thought I had it right and it looked really stable and then it just toppled off. Now the tripod is taunting me because it's standing perfectly upright and I could quite happily snap it's legs off lol. The 5 Mega Pixel Camera is ok and so is the 6 Mega Pixel but they eat batteries I can only get a few shots on rechargeable batteries before they decide not to work anymore. My camera lasts for days and sometimes weeks on one set of rechargables. The 3 Mega Pixel is reliable but the pictures look so crappy after mine. *sigh* I guess I will just have to keep my fingers crossed that there is nothing else wrong with it and have the vague hope that maybe it will work itself out like the 5 Mega Pixel did after I dropped that one on the concrete.

No comments: