Thursday, February 15, 2007

40 Days Day 12 and Day 13

Playing catch up today, I haven't managed day 11 yet because I need a photograph, but I have caught up on days 12 and 13.
You can see Day 12 here and Day 13 here.

The journalling for day 12 reads:
You fill me with wonder how can one small little boy bring so much joy to ourlives just by being there You are amazing andeverytime I see you I am overwhelmed bythe amount of love I feel for you. Innocentand adorable,you are my world and I adoreyou Lukas.

The journalling for day 13 reads:
It’s often said that you don’t know what you have until it’s gone but often you don’t know how good something can be until you have it. I always used to say that Inever wanted to have children. Growing up in a house with so many brothers and sisters screaming babies seemed really unappealing and I really couldn’t see why anyone would want one. They used to drive me insane.When I found out I was pregnant with Lukas I spent a lot of time unsure of what I felt. I was filled with conflicting emotions. When he was born I honestly didn’t like him, his birth was a shocking experience and he was a boy, I had been told he was a girl. But after a sleep, I woke up and demanded to know where he was I was worried about him. That’s when I understood why people had kids, the bond you feel is truly the most awe inspiring thing. I spent the first few months of his life apologising to him for ever doubting that I wanted him. I could never be without him now, I feel lost when he isn’t here.

I'm going to try and get days 14 and 15 done while Lukas is in the bath (Marks bathing him for a change). It's amazing how much I can get done when those two aren't constantly pestering me. They both went to sleep this afternoon it was so peaceful, I forgot how easy it is to work when Lukas is at school and Mark is at work.Lukas is a bit better today, still coughing quite a bit though and has a constantly running nose.

If I get them finished I will bhe back with 14 and 15.

No comments: