Friday, September 15, 2006

what a difference a few days make

Oh I am such a bad blogger, I have major news and I forgot to come share.
So in the 5 days since I last blogged a lot of stuff has happened. I got engaged, bought a ring, set and booked a date and have started planning my wedding.
We are getting married on the 20th January 2007 @ 4:30pm. The registrar is booked, the hall for the reception is booked, Invitations,cake and food are sorted.
Now the question is why are we getting married? Lets start with the reasons for other people.
Marks worried about his mums cancer, he wants to do it for her. Shes back from her holiday now and doesn't seem too impressed by the idea. I want to do it partially for Nan shes not well and I know if I ever did get married without her there it wouldn't be the same, shes the most special person in my life along with Lukas and Mark. Onto reasons for us, Mark feels the need to declare he loves me to the whole world. Me well lets just say I don't. I am the first to admit I don't understand the point of marriage, I dont want to be Mrs Charlett I like my name, its a part of who I am but Marks as stubborn as I am about that. There are lots of reasons why us getting married is a bad idea.
1. We are paying for the wedding so I intend on inviting my dad - who my mum despises.
2. The cost is extrotionate its £320 for the registry office because we want to get married after 12 theres also a fee of £30 each for I belive a declaration.Plus all the other costs that come with a wedding.
3. Mark wants to ask his brothers ex girlfriend to be his best person, (this is the one David cheated on with the now wife)
4. Its a lot of work and stress.
5. I hate being looked at, to me the idea of a whole day where everyones eyes are on me is my idea of hell on earth. I could list loads of other reasons, I won't though its depressing.But its booked now so its tough, I will just have to work through the issues as best I can.
I do love Mark and I do want to be with him forever and if I have to have a wedding to do that I guess a girls gotta do what everyone expects of her. At least Mark has grasped the concept that I don't want to be a domestic goddess, he knows better than to expect me to ever be anything like that. I like running the hoover around, dusting, washing up. I don't mind fighting with the washing machine, cleaning the bath etc. I can cook (sshhhh thats a secret I am not letting Mark in on lol), but I cant do raw meat makes me heave. I can keep a house clean its just tidy I can't seem to grasp lol.

No comments: