Sunday, April 06, 2008

What would you spend a million pounds on?

I created this layout for the 10th Mrs Wresh Blog Challenge. The original challenge said a million dollars but I used a little creative license on it and used pounds instead of dollars since that is our currency lol (and doubled the amount I could spend in the process). It's always an interesting concept to think about what you would buy if you could afford it. Things to aim for, to dream about or maybe to save up for. But anyway here's the layout I did, I know I am strange lol.

Credits: Layered template by Mrs Wresh (template 49), New House Doodles by Kate Hadfield, Gettin' Stitched 01, Natural Instinct and Studio Styles 07 by Royanna Lea Fritschmann. Stock photos: Office Chair by reznor70 from Stock Xchang, Bed by LotusHead from Stock Xchang and Computer by dreamjay from Stock Xchang. Fonts are: DJB Lorraine Bold by Darcy Baldwin, Ajile and Stencil.

Journalling reads: I have never been the sort of person to dream of winning the lottery. Never been the sort to sit there with lofty dreams of all the things I could have if I was rich. The things I want in life are the things that money can’t buy like better health for me, and the ability to protect my family from pain or suffering. I can’t drive so I wouldn’t want a fancy car. I don’t like hot weather or sand so I wouldn’t bebothered about going away on holiday. But that is not to say that if someone handed me a million pounds I couldn’t spend it! The 1st thing I would buy would be a home of our own. Somewhere cozy, and comfortable, With nice funiture that I would pay someone to assemble, because Mark always seems to destroy every item he tries to assemble. I would buy a bed that was comfortable to sleep in at night, and a desk chair that I could happily sit in all day long. I would buy a computer for me that didn’t decide to randomly do what it likes and a computer each for Mark and Lukas. I would buy Nan the walk in shower she has always dreamed of having and pay to have a stairlift fitted for her. I might not be able to ease her pain but I can try and take away some of the obstacles in her life. I would buy a few new incubators for the special care baby unit Lukas and Leo were both in and for me that would be enough! I would be content to becomfortable. Although I think Lukas and Mark would have something to say about that. I know they would want the latest and greatest toys to play with, an indoor swimming pool and probably a whole host of other things. To be honest I would let them have any little thing that took their fancy because to me the smiles on their faces would be worth more than any amount of money. I guess when it comes down to it I am a simple girl at heart.

Enabling: New House Doodles by Kate Hadfield available here, Gettin' Stitched 01, Natural Instinct and Studio Styles 07 by Royanna Lea Fritschmann available here, here and here. I'm not sure if the template was a freebie or if I purchased it, but I couldn't see it feel free to check out Mrs Wresh's store yourself. The stock photos I used were all downloaded from here, the free fonts can be found here and here. DJB Lorraine Bold doesn't seem to be in Darcy's store at the moment, maybe it's retired, check out the others though they are well worth a look.

No comments: