Friday, April 11, 2008

Baby Tigger

Just to give you a little background on this very cool template and explain why there is no link to buy it lol. Between the 15th and 22nd March the digital scrapbook community celebrated CT Appreciation week. Designers collaborated on a huge kit which was then given away free of charge to CT members. You can find out some details about the events that took place and see the previews for the kit here. Well you all know by now that I hoard a lot more digital scrapbooking supplies than I use lol, so it's been sitting on my hard drive this morning I was feeling a little bit guilty see yesterday I made CT layouts for Royanna and Amy but I haven't made anything since the beginning of the month for Chrissy. I think I have used everything she has lol. But I always feel guilty if I am not giving my creative teams equal time, i'm strange like that so I did a quick search I was looking for a template of Chrissy's that I could maybe reuse and this one came up part of the Grateful4U CT Appreciation kit. Then everything kind of fell into place, I remembered these photos of Lukas and thought they would go perfectly with Amy's kit. The hardest part of the whole layout was resisting my natural urge to hit the align button for the title lol. I find it so hard to do title work, and I just can't master doing anything other than using one alpha and lining it up straight across or down. I am working on it though and since I am quite proud of this layout I think I might have finally made a teeny tiny improvement lol.

Credits: Layered template (Grateful4U CT Appreciation Kit Template) and Paper Cutters Tiny Zigzag Paper by Chrissy W and Come Celebrate! by Amy Bleser. Raspberry Glow Lightroom Preset by Rachel Martin.Font is DJB Nicole by Darcy Baldwin.

Journalling reads: When you were a baby you used to love your door bouncer. You would have happily spent the whole day in it if we had let you. It used to make me giggle that as soon as you heard us putting it up again you would start trying to bounce in whatever you happened to be sitting in. You were really inventive about using it as well, you used to spin it around in circles and mummy would have to rush over to untangle you which you thought was very funny, you used it as a swing, you used it to just stand in and watch the world go by, and sometimes you even fell asleep in it. It was a very sad day for us when we realised that you were getting too big for the door bouncer, it really was the end of life as we knew it. I guess all good things come to an end. We used to long for those times where you would happily bounce away and coo too yourself, when we were diving out of the way of the rapidly oncoming baby walker, or tending to the bruised ankles but that‘s a whole other story, that you will find out about when you have children of your own and we get our revenge by buying the little angel a baby walker of their own!
Enabling: You may not be able to pick up the template but you can buy everything else!
Zig Zag Paper Cutters by Chrissy W are available here (or you can buy them combined with the scalloped ones here) and Come Celebrate! by Amy Bleser is available here or here. DJB Nicole font by Darcy Baldwin can be found in this pack. I believe the lightroom preset was a freebie on Rachel Martin's Blog but I can't find a link to that sorry.

1 comment:

ChrissyW said...

LOVE THIS!!!! this is my FAV layout of yours EVER!!! it's PERFECT!