Monday, April 07, 2008

ADSR Season 3 Layout 12

So here it is the final challenge for ADSR season 3. It's gone really really fast this time around. I forgot to say on here that when Amy couldn't complete her challenge 7 layout, I had two options I could continue racing alone, and still pick up the remaining weekly challenge prizes but not be eligible for the grand prize drawing at the end or I could team up with someone else who had lost a partner but completed all their layouts and we would form a new team who were eligible for the grand prize. I chose the 3rd option lol. I teamed up with a member of the NDISB team (Helena Jole), who had previously been teamed up with another NDISB designer (Karin M), because she was staff she wasn't eligible for the grand prize anyway. Now a lot of people thought I was a bit crazy when I did this (don't know me very well if they think it's only a bit do they *giggle*) but my reasons were really simple, I didn't want even the possibility of winning that grand prize without Amy, to me that wouldn't have felt right, she's my partner and my best friend. I wanted to do ADSR to work with her and have a giggle along the way, but I like getting to know new people, and I like helping people out. So to me this was the perfect solution. Now if only I could find a solution to Amy feeling guilty and thinking she had let me down I would be all set. I just can't seem to convince her that she didn't do anything wrong, I understand perfectly why she didn't get her layout done in time, and the only sadness I feel over it is seeing her sad because of it. We're a funny pair really lol, each one of us would rather blame ourselves than anyone else. Guess that's one of the reasons we get along so well, we are so alike it's uncanny.
Anyway I have gushed on for long enough, guess I was just trying to delay putting it all in print and driving home the point that with this post, ADSR is over, well until next time which can't come soon enough for my liking. Who knows by season 4 I might have learnt how to get the layouts done sometime in the week, and not be frantically trying to get it done at 11:59 EST lol.

The 12th and final challenge was right here at CG Essentials.
Challenge: INTERSECTION
Scrap a Major Accomplishment In Your Life. One team member will supply the photo(s) and do the journalling, and the other team member scraps everything.
Deadline: Sunday April 6th Midnight EST
Prize: $3 Coupon to the CG Essentials store.
My Take: I really don't know what to say about this challenge. It's scrapping someone else's photographs, which is something I always have mixed emotions about. On one hand I get to be play with something other than photos of my gorgeous boy, my angel boy or my grumpy git of a husband and it appeals to my nosy nature lol. But on the other hand there is always the fear of making something that doesn't do the pictures justice, or that the owner of the photographs doesn't like. I don't care whose photos it is I always feel like they will just not have the heart to say that they hate it and then they will have a layout that they don't like, or maybe they will delete it and then all my work was wasted. Yes I know I am paranoid lol. Then there's the other problem of sometimes being sent pictures so far away from what I usually scrap that even in my vast stash I don't have anything to use to scrap them lol. So I played it a little bit safe, since Helena is a designer I used some of her products to scrap it with. I tried to keep it simple, so she can add more stuff to the flattened version if she wants to. I also offered to redo it if she didn't like it, but like I said most people don't have the heart to ask you to do it again. I have done a lot of RAK layouts for people, and I have never ever been asked to redo one. So I guess that's either because they are too polite, they thought my work was so hideous that they didn't want another one lol or maybe just maybe I am slightly better at this scrapping thing than I give myself credit for, and when they said they liked it they actually mean't it. (yeah I am shaking my head and making sarcastic noises at this suggestion lol) what can I say I am not exactly a confident person.
Anyway here's the layout you can make up your own mind about it. Title work is a huge weakness of mine so I am not exactly happy about that part of the layout, the rest I am divided on I still think that someone else could do a better job of scrapping those gorgeous photos.


Credits: Layered Template (Treasured Times Template 1) and Naughty Or Nice by Amy Bleser , Blue Bird and Baby Blues Eyes Sampler by Helena Jole, Neutral Stitches by Kate Hadfield and Fairy Dust by Kris Myers. Fonts are Teutonic No4 and Cardinal Alternate.

Journalling reads: I dream of a house where I can paint my own walls. Until then, every once in a while I have the treat of being able to paint somebody else's walls. Working on the Hogwarts mural out in Port Orchard was one of the neatest things I've ever done, and also one of the most challenging. Painting with a small baby in tow is tricky, not to mention working around vacations, car trouble (ours), and chemotherapy (hers). Fourteen months later, it was finally finished! February 2005 - April 2006.

Enabling: Blue Bird and Baby Blue Eyes Sampler by Helena Jole available here and here, Neutral Stiches by Kate Hadfield available here, Fairy Dust by Kris Myers available here (Plain Digital Wrapper is currently down will update when it's back up). I can't remember where I got the template from and Naughty or Nice is retired. Teutonic No4 is available here and Cardinal Alternate is available here.

Right I can't be bothered to type up what I did yesterday now lol, so you will have to wait until later but I will be back at some time today.

No comments: