Monday, April 07, 2008

ADSR Season 3 Layout 11

I admit that this week challenge 12 ended up being done before challenge 11, but there's nothing in the rules to say they have to be done in order lol. But anyway, they are both done now so I am going to do a challenge 11 recap, a challenge 12 recap in a new post and then a 3rd post to tell you how I spent my day, because I know you are just dying to know lol.

The 11th Challenge was right here at KB and Friends.
Challege: The theme for our challenge is "Take Wing." We want you to spread your wings - literally - by making a layout with wings in it. The wings can be on a bird, butterfly or insect. Or, the wings can be used separately. There is no restriction on the theme of the layout. It just has to have wings in it somewhere. You may use any wings you happen to have in your stash, or you can make your own.
Deadline: Sunday April 6th Midnight EST.
Prize: Kathryn Balint’s A Little Birdie Told Me Mini Kit
My take: Well I left it to the last minute as normal, and assumed it would be simple to extract a photo of Lukas and add some wings to it. The problem was my hands didn't want to cooperate with something as fiddly as extractions. and everything I tried was looking more and more of a disaster and then I remembered these photos from the Ugly Bug Ball. I got around the issue of extracting him to put the wings on by using the quick selection tool in CS3, with a little bit of patience it wasn't that hard to select him and duplicate him onto his own layer in the document, then I just sandwiched the wings between the two layers. The problem came is trying to find something that would match the colours of his school uniform, it's one of those items of clothing that you think would go with this kit or that kit and then when you try that it's not even close. I bought this kit by Traci Reed yesterday, the theme worked so well for the pictures, I recoloured the blue and green papers, and then messed around changing the papers to different layers on the template, this was my favourite combination. Added the journalling and it was all done. I really like the final layout, and I am willing to bet Lukas will like it too. It was actually quite worrying how many pairs of digital wings I found in my collection I can only remember using them on Lukas on one other occasion and I think I may have added wings to Leo once too. What can I say I am a little *snigger* bit of a collector and hoarder when it comes to digital stash lol.
Credits: Layered template by Chrissy W (I'm No Square 8.5x11 Template 4), Fly Catchin' by Traci Reed and More Wings by Megan Farrows (Flergs). Fonts are: SP You've Got Mail by Kelly Purkey, Stamp Act Jumbled and TagettesPlus.
Journalling reads: One of the things you learnt about in the reception class was bugs. You spent a week doing lots of different activities to learn about them, everything from ant farms to colouring in bug pictures. This was the last day of bug week, you were all asked to make a mask of a bug athome and then bring it to school. All the mummy’s and daddy’s were invited to watch your parade around the playground in your costumes while ugly bug ball was played on the stereo. It was a lot of fun. Come on let’s crawl, gotta crawl, gotta crawl to the ugly bug ball, to the ball, to the balland a happy time we’ll have there, one and all, at the ugly bug ball. Thursday May 24th 2007.
Enabling: I'm No Square Layered Templates by Chrissy W available here, Fly Catchin' by Traci Reed available here and More Wings by Megan Farrows (Flergs) available here. SP You've Got Mail by Kelly Purkey available here, Stamp Act Jumbled available here and TagettesPlus available here.

1 comment:

ChrissyW said...

what a cute cute page!!!