Thursday, April 02, 2009

From Our Blog To Yours - Top 5 TV Shows

It's been a long time since I have done one of these posts but I have nothing else to talk about today and I wanted something to do while I am sitting here watching the repeat of mondays RAW.
The prompt for today was about TV shows, specifically to name 5 I have seen every episode of or 5 I would like to see every episode of. I don't watch much television but obviously there are a few things I do like to watch that aren't wrestling lol when I do get the chance.
1. Charmed - I only all of the seasons of Charmed on dvd and I think I have seen every episode at least once. I don't really have a favourite episode but any featuring T.W King (Andy), Brian Krause (Leo) or Julian McMahon (Cole) was definately worth watching lol.
2. Bones - I have a bit of a soft spot for the male hotties don't I lol I loved David Boreanaz when he was in Buffy and when he was in Angel and I admit he was the reason I started watching this show. I kind of got slightly hooked on it and now watch the older episodes every single day before we get Lukas from school and the new ones every thursday night. Mark loves to watch it with me as well.
3. Pushing Daisies - This is one I never really followed up consistantly when it was originally aired. I got the whole of season one on dvd and watched one when I was bored, one led to two which led to the entire season. Since the second season started I think I have missed one episode. Right now it's the one hour or so a week that I get to sit down and watch something I want on the television. I think it's a real shame that they have decided not to make anymore.
4. A Town Called Eureka - We happened to catch the pilot episode of this and thought it looked really interesting, there were quite a few things that had changed by the time that it made it to season one. It's definately one of those shows where you can miss an episode or two and then jump right back in without feeling completely lost. Its one of the few things we look forward to sitting down and watching as a family. I definately want the dvd's for this one.
5. This is where things get hard for me because I can't think of another programme we have consistantly bothered to watch. I liked Hereos season 1 and then never bothered with any of the others. I bought season 1 and 2 of Nip/Tuck and then never bothered anymore. I am kind of confused about which seasons of Desperate Housewives I have seen and which I haven't and for a while we were really into a show called Reaper then we missed a few episodes and never got around to picking it up again. Then there are a few other things we watch when they are on but don't bother to go looking for them like NCIS, House and CSI so I guess for this one I am going to have to say that I really don't have an answer. I would be happy to pick up any of the shows I have mentioned above on DVD and watch every episode of them again. But then I have always preferred dvd's over the television for two reasons. The first is because I can watch them on my laptop or desktop and not have to argue with Mark or Lukas for the remote control and second because then I can watch them with the subtitles and still understand what's going on without having to tell Mark and Lukas to be quiet every couple of minutes lol.

No comments: