Saturday, July 07, 2007

So mad and utterly fed up!

I purchased something last weekend, that wouldn't download. I emailed the store, I emailed again a few days later when I got no response, I eventually asked one of the designers that sells at the store to please tell who I could contact directly. I got hold of them finally and that's when it gets interesting. I asked for a refund on the product because I don't want/need it anymore when I couldn't download it I had to go and buy something else at a different store. They offer to send me a CD. I don't want a CD I want my money back, if I wanted a CD I would have ordered one, the best part about digi scrapping is instant gratification. See it>Buy it>Download it>Unzip it>Scrap with it>Done. So anyway they then add insult to injury by sending an email that says this order is delivered, I mean WTF are they trying to piss me off? Just to rub salt into the wound they send me a gift certificate for the amount I paid. So I have two choices, either just suck it up use the gift certificate for stuff I don't even want or just leave it there and not use it either way that's $20 down the toilet with sod all to show for it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry you had such a crappy experience... I agree that the best part of digi scrapping is the instant gratification! :)

Lena Brandenburg said...

I love the way you put it...See it>buy it...etc. That's so true and so funny! I'm sorry you're having such a nightmare though, I hope that you find something fabulous with your GC even though it's not the best solution! :)

Petra said...

yep, instant gratifictaion is the best...but this isn´t...so sorry for you!! And hope I´ll never have to go trhough something...yuck!

Have a great day..it´s the luckiest day of the century!!! Hugs!

Libby Pritchett said...

UGH! I don't blame you for being frustrated. In this over-saturated digi market, customer service is really critical. I'm sorry that you didn't find the service you deserve.