Thursday, July 19, 2007

Ahoy Matey's

So the Pirate Party I was talking about in the last post. Basically it was a picnic for both of the foundation stage classes that parents were invited to attend. The kids all had to go to school dressed as "pirates, mermaids or a sea creature". I bought Lukas a very cool Pirate outfit ages ago. Being the insane mummy that I am I also made a treasure chest full of treasure (have you ever tried threading beads when you are exhausted it takes hours lol). I also made him a little hook. We had to be there at 2:30pm, the kids came out and did a little parade (few laps around their play area lol) they had some food and played music. It was nice to see all the different costumes and there were some fab ones! I only got a few pictures though, I will obviously dress him up again in a few days and take some proper pictures it's so hard at school especially when they are walking around and so many parents give you dirty looks because they think you are photographing their child. I love these events because I can stage them again at home and get the photos I really wanted at my own pace. Wanna see my little pirate?
Doesn't he look cute, even though his bandana isn't on right and he doesn't have the pirate hat on or his hook. He was alright while he was walking around in the parade then he burst into tears and said he didn't feel well. I knew he wasn't right he has had a nasty cough for 3 days and I only sent him yesterday because otherwise he wouldn't have got to help make the party foods. He's not going tomorrow, because they were all supposed to be going on a whole school picnic, he didn't want to go and they said he could stay home. The picnic has now been changed to an inschool picnic because of the weather but he's still staying home because he has a rotten cold bless him.

On the way home he fell over and grazed his knee, then just to finish the day off he had a little accident on the trampoline, we were messign around, I tripped on my jeans and knocked him over and he did this (im too lazy to rotate it today)
Nasty isn't it. He has it all bandaged up now and doesn't seem bothered by it at all. He had his little friend Morgan around to play yesterday they had a great time. We even had a special visit from next door's white rabbit bubbles, which pooped all over the trampoline lol. I had to scrub it with baby wipes. I don't have much else to say today but I might be back later with a layout share if Lukas cooperates lol.

2 comments:

Anne C said...

What a cute pirate!

Shandy said...

Crystal - what awesome pirate photos!!! and eeeks about that trampoline gash he got on his arm - owie!
ps: glad to see you were a super savvy shopper tonight in my shoppe! :)
woah -- that sure was like a tongue twister - LOL