Sunday, September 16, 2007

So what do I have to talk about today?

Well I cut my hand earlier with a tape measure, ironically I only offered to retract the stupid thing so Nan wouldn't catch her glasses with it. I have a lovely bruise (admitedly a lot worse looking than when I did it) across my hand from it and Nan now thinks I am the bionic woman or something because she didn't believe me when I told her that cuts on me don't bleed. My blood is so thick it clots before it can leak out of any cut,graze whatever. I also heal really quick bruises, cuts the deeper or larger they are the quicker they heal. What can I say I am a freak of nature, but didn't you know that already. If you are wondering why I am still awake it's because for the third night running I am burning up all over, I ache everywhere especially my chest and my stomach. So I sit up in my new office chair, with me fan and I am a tiny bit more comfortable than I would have been laying down. Speaking of my chair you I don't think I got around to telling you about that. The expensive (well to me £35 for a chair is expensive) leather chair we bought, yes the one I moaned about from the moment we bought it. Anyway that chair cracked along the seam where the plastic sheet was molded. Caught my leg in between it and left a nice mark too. Before anyone says anything I would like to point out that even though I will hold my hands up and admit I am a fat cow and overweight etc, where the chair failed was a stupid fault that not even an elephant plonking it's butt on it could have caused. When we returned it they didn't even seem surprised. We had to look for an alternative, which was a lot harder than it sounds. Can't do anything big or bulky because of the space issues. Had to be high enough to reach my desk comfortably. Had to be sturdy enough not to break or tip over.Had to be made of a fabric that wasn't going to irritate my skin my skin is super delicate at the moment, I have even had to stop wearing some of my favourite clothes because of it.Had to be comfortable to sit in for long periods of time and most importantly had to be fairly cheap.Can you see where the problems were? Most office funiture is impossible for me to sit in because of the pain issues, most padded chairs are expensive. But I found an almost perfect solution - a garden lounger. It's comfortable, sturdy, folds flat if we can be bothered, it will last for ages and it was a decent price £25 including delivery. The only problem is once I am sat in it, I have a heck of a job getting out of it again. I push it as close to my desk as possible, so I can have my feet on the thing under my desk, but because I lean it back slightly for comfort the foot plate gets caught on the thing under my desk. So apart from the silly little shuffle dance I have to do to get out (which has mark in fits of laughter every time bloody git lol) it's not bad. Nan saw a deluxe version earlier in one of her catalouges so we ordered that to have a look at, they are buy one get one free so she will have one to put in her room to use as a spare bed when Conor stays (even the one I have it comfortable to sleep on) and I will have one but if they are rubbish back they will go lol. I haven't scrapped anything today, haven't done anything interesting so I have nothing else to tell you except that I am excited about WWE Unforgiven tomorrow. I love wrestling all those great lumps of muscle in tiny shorts with a heavy dose of violence, what's not to like? What can I say I was raised on it, Nan was once forcibly removed from a wrestling event for throwing pansies (you know the flower) at a wrestler. Gotta go my hands are hurting too much to type anymore today. Catch you tomorrow maybe.

No comments: