Thursday, September 20, 2007

Manipulation - a few pointers from the mistress

that mistress obviously not being me lol. I am no good at getting anyone to do anything for me.
1. Ask for a favour, when the person you are asking hesitates wait until the next day to ask again.
2. Follow that by getting someone else to pass the message on.
3. Finally ask for favour in front of someone else. This achieves maximum awkward feeling and almost always results in desired result.
How do I know these steps work? Because I have just got talked into making a calendar for someone for free. I didn't want to do it I tried to explain why (becauseit takes too long and it not worth my time or effort when I am making nothing for it) but when asked again in front of the person who wants on how the heck do you say no?
I don't feel like I can charge for the supplies because for anyone who doesn't digi scrap I come across looking like a rip off merchant because of the commercial use/scrap 4 hire fees most designers have. I can't charge for my time because no-one believes how long these digi projects take to make. I even feel awkward charging for the paper and ink because I don't know exactly how much ink is used.What makes it worse it the person who wants it has no clue about photographs or digital cameras. When I asked if she has a digital camera, she started babbling something about a digital camera. So I will probably end up taking the photos for it as well. *Sigh* Why can't I learn to say that simple little phrase - NO?

No comments: