Monday, July 12, 2010

Logan @ The Park


Logan @ The Park, originally uploaded by Lukasmummy.

Credits: Layered template (Fun With Text, Template 1) by Elizabeth Albers (Scrapping With Liz) and Something To Say by Amanda Krueger (Nibbles Skribbles) and Laura White (C W Picket & Co). Font is DJB Journal Bits by Darcy Baldwin.
Journalling reads: After a disagreement with Conor I felt like I needed to escape the house for a little while. I decided that even though I was hurting and feeling ill, it would be a good idea to go to the park. Park’s have always been a bit special to me that’s usually always wherever I tend to head when I am feeling depressed. I knew that you would cry if I just left, you don’t even like it when I go to the toilet and leave you in the bedroom! I don’t like making you sad so I took you with me. Lukas didn’t want to come, so it was just the two of us. Rather than go too far I just took you to the park around the corner. You were a little confused about what was going on but you were also excited. When we got to the park, you were squealing with delight. Most of the park has been vandalized, there aren’t any swings any more. So I pushed the pushchair around for you to play with one of the few things remaining, the coloured abacus balls. I unstrapped you and you had fun standing on your pushchair playing while I took photos. You had a great time. It wasn’t long before I was feeling calm enough to go home again. You were starting to get tired and I was worried about you being cold in your little summer suit. I wrapped you up and we headed home. I’m so glad we got this chance to spend some time together and turn a really negative situation into something positive and fun. I guess sometimes a little space is all that’s needed. Photos taken 22nd June 2010.

No comments: