Saturday, October 18, 2008

The layouts

There are 10 of them in total. Just incase you are wondering why I haven't shared any layouts for Sweet Shoppe Designs challenges this month, it's because we are going away again at the end of the month. I am trying really hard not to buy anything this month so my bank account is in credit when we go lol. I also know that even if I earned the 40% off coupon this month I probably wouldn't be able to use it lol. So this month I am concentrating on CT Assignments so they will forgive me for skiving off on holiday again lol. So most of these were not created for any special challenge or reason. They are either using CT stuff I haven't got around to using before or just old stuff I have bought but never got around to using. I'm working really hard on trying to get organised as well. Now on with the layout sharing.

The first one I have to show you was created after I was sorting through some stuff and came across this photograph of Lukas. I tried a lot of different photoshop actions and lightroom presets on it but eventually decided to just use it as it was.

Credits: Layered template (Gotcha Cornered Rectangle, Template 1) by Chrissy W and Lil' Miss Retro by Digital Reality Bytes - Royanna Lea Fritschmann and Laura White (Princess Lala). Font is FO Printer Primer Abundant by Fontologie.

Journalling reads: I have told you your birth story before, but I have never told you about the 1st time I got to hold you. You were in an incubator and every day we asked if we could hold you, and every day we were told no. There were different reasons all the time but the answer was always the same. It hurt my heart that I couldn’t pick you up and hold you close to me. When you were about a week old Grandma Betty came down for a visit and Nannie Donna took her to the hospital to see you. Mummy and Daddy were not there and the nurse looking after you got you out so they could hold you. When I found out I was so mad I could have happily punched her. It broke my heart that I wasn’t the 1st one to hold you. I asked to get you out again and she said no, you had been handled too much today already. When the shifts changed over they took you out to weigh you and change your bedding. Laying in the freezing cold scales in just a nappy, you started to cry. My mummy instinct kicked in and without even thinking about it I reached down and picked you up. I held you close to my heart and you stopped crying straight away. You can’t see it very well in the photo but you grabbed hold of my top and wouldn’t let go. That was the moment I knew, my heart no longer belonged to me, it was completely and utterly yours.

Enabling: Gotcha Cornered Rectangle Templates by Chrissy W available here, Lil' Miss Retro by Digital Reality Bytes available here and FO Printer Primer Abundant by Fontologie available here.

The second one was created after I stumbled across the wordart in a kit lol. I knew I had this photograph of Ella somewhere. I originally started scrapping it with the kit the wordart came in but it wasn't working for me so I changed my mind and went with something a little different.

Credits: Layered template (With This Ring, Template 2) by Chrissy W, Hugs Kisses -n- Cupcakes by Laura White and Sparkler N Pop by Digital Reality Bytes - Royanna Lea Fritschmann and Laura White (Princess Lala). Font is FO Weathered In Between by Fontologie.

Journalling reads: Ella Playing with the sparklers 3-11-2006

Enabling: With This Ring Templates by Chrissy W available here, Sparkler N Pop by Digital Reality Bytes available here and FO Weathered In Between by Fontologie available here. I can't seem to find Hugs Kisses -N- Cupcakes by Laura White at Divine Digital right now.

The third one was created with pictures I took on our last trip to Chessington. It was a lot if fun to make unless you include lining up all of those sequins they were a pain in the backside lol but I think the end result makes it worth while.

Credits: Layered template (With This Ring, Template 3) by Chrissy W and Corgen by Laura White (Princess Lala). Font is FO Howie's Stamps Lowfat by Fontologie.

Journalling reads: Lukas and Mark on the Bubbleworks ride 28th September 08.

Enabling: With This Ring Templates by Chrissy W available here, FO Howie's Stamps Lowfat by Fontologie available here. I can't seem to find Corgen by Laura White at Divine Digital right now.

The fourth one was inspired by the photographs. When we went away last I asked Lisa if I could borrow her camera card, she said that I could and said if there is anything on it just delete it, it will only have been from the kids messing around. Well I don't like deleting photographs so I copied them into a file called Lisa's SD card. When I looked through them there were some really cute ones so I am going to print them out fr=or Lisa when I get around to it. I was really glad I hadn't just deleted everything like she told me to. I think this one turned out really cute.

Credits: Layered template (With This Ring, Template 4) by Chrissy W and Urban Princess by Royanna Lea Fritschmann. Font is FO Weathered In Between by Fontologie.

Journalling reads: Ella~The tacky toy queen.

Enabling: With This Ring Templates by Chrissy W available here, Urban Princess by Royanna Lea Fritschmann available here and FO Weathered In Between by Fontologie available here.

The next 2 were created for the Brag Book Challenge at Scrapbook Graphics hosted by WendyZine Scraps. These will eventually go into Lukas's own little 4x6 photo album.

Credits: Layered template (January, Right Side) by WendyZine Scraps and Brighten Up Winter by Jessica Bolton. Font is FO Printing Primer In Between by Fontologie.

Journalling reads: I took these photos while we were walking home from school together, The first one was when I said no to going to the park, the second was when you were crouching down and jumping up at me and the third one was outside the front door. Even something as simple as walking is more fun with you around.

Enabling: Brighten Up Winter by Jessica Bolton available here and FO Printing Primer In Between by Fontologie available here. Templates available free as part of the challenge here.

Credits: Layered template (February, Right Side) by WendyZine Scraps and Eclectic Needs Variety Basic Straight Stitching and A Pastiche For The Boys Collection by Jessica Bolton. Font is FO Printing Primer In Between by Fontologie.

Journalling reads: Ever since you were a baby I have loved to watch you sleep. Seeing you look so peaceful and content makes me happy. Plus there’s always the entertainment I get from watching the many different positions you get yourself into. Even when you are sound asleep you can’t just be still.

Enabling: Eclectic Needs Variety Basic Straight Stitching and A Pastiche For The Boys Collection by Jessica Bolton available here and here and FO Printing Primer In Between by Fontologie available here. Templates available free as part of the challenge here.

The seventh one was a CT Assignment from Royanna. But it's a Halloween kit and I had nothing suitable so I did something I do quite a lot I found a completely out of the box use for the kit by using it for some photos from our trip to the museum. As you can tell I am really enjoying creating rectangle layouts lately. The irony is that the other page (You can see that one in this post it's the third one down) I did about the same trip (different photos) used the same template but in the square version lol. I may end up remaking it as a rectangle one though.

Credits: Layered template (AD it up rectangle, template 4) by Chrissy W and Frankly Speaking by Royanna Lea Fritschmann. Fonts are FO Textura and FO Textura Traced both by Fontologie.

Journalling reads: We are very lucky to live in a city where there are quite a few museums including the oxford university museum of natural history and the pitt rivers which just happen to be in the same building. When we visited this time we decided to stay downstairs. This museum is very child friendly, we were able to touch fossils and stroke some of the animal models. But the best part was the dinosaur bones. There are many different bones to look at some in glass cases but there are also some skeletons on display. Most of the bones featured were found here in oxfordshire. This skeleton on display is a of a dinosuar called a Struthiomimus. The other photographs are of some of the models of dinosaurs on display but I can’t remember exactly what they were. I forgot to photograph their signs. One of our favourite displays was the baby dinosaur but because it moved and made noise we chose to video it instead of trying to take photographs. There were so many other things to look at apart from the dinosaurs. But because we were not very well that day we chose to concentrate on them. It was a lot of fun and we learnt a lot, just by wondering around.

Enabling: AD It Up Rectangle Templates by Chrissy W available here, Frankly Speaking by Royanna Lea Fritschmann available here and FO Textura and FO Textura Traced both by Fontologie are available in this pack.

The next two were both created for Chrissy's latest template challenge and really couldn't be more different. The Square Version is a very masculine page about Lukas's 1st day back at school. The Rectangle one is a very feminine one about the 1st time we saw Ruby standing up on her own. I'm not sure which one I like best lol.

Credits: Layered template (Template Challenge 7) and Favourite Place by Chrissy W. Fonts are FO Uptown Girl Lowfat and FO Printing Primer Abundant both by Fontologie.

Journalling reads: All through the summer holidays you talked about being in your new class in September. You were excited about having a new classroom and a brand new teacher. But during the school holidays you got really sick. We ended up having to take you to the doctors. He gave you some bright orange medicine to take and referred you to the hospital for a check up. You were such a good boy about taking all of your medicine and when the day came for your hospital appointment you were really well behaved even though we had a long wait to be seen. Finally the day came when you got to start in your new class. You were thrilled that you were going to get to see all of your friends and learn new things. You were really hard to get dressed and ready for school because you were so excited. When you were all dressed, it was time for mummy’s favourite part - taking your 1st day of school photos. For the first time ever you were smiling, and happy to let me click, click and click some more. It’s not really easy to take photos of a little boy squirming because he just can’t wait to get going. But we had a lot of fun and even got some decent photos. I can’t begin to tell you how happy it made me to see you so excited and happy about your first day of school. I hope that you have a nice teacher and enjoy this year as much as you have enjoyed the other two. Wednesday 10th September. Starting Year Two.

Enabling: Favourite Place by Chrissy W available here and FO Uptown Girl Lowfat and FO Printing Primer Abundant both by Fontologie are available here and here. You can download the template from Chrissy's Blog here.

Credits: Layered template (Template Challenge 7 Rectangle) and Paper Cutters (Huge Scallop With Holes Rectangle Paper) by Chrissy W, BFF 4 Life by Chrissy W and Angie Kovacs, Stitched Stems by Natalie Braxton (recoloured), Wordart by Batina and Glitter Styles by Megan Farrow (Flergs). Font is Fiolex Princess.

Journalling reads: Ruby standing up all by herself 31st August 2008.

Enabling: Paper Cutters by Chrissy W available here, BFF 4 Life by Chrissy W and Angie Kovacs available here, Stitched Stems by Natalie Braxton available here. You can download the template from Chrissy's Blog here. The wordart by Batina was a freebie but I am not sure where from and the Glitter Styles were a pevious freebie on Megan's blog but she has lots for sale in her store.

The last one I have to share today was created for the Digi-Dare #104. It's hard to believe that it's been going for 2 years. It's a really great source of inspiration unfortunately it falls into the category of things I mean to do but rarely get around to doing. I had the added incentive this time of a free kit for taking part. I didn't realise until I finished that the template I used is actually no longer for sale. It got replaced with a different one in the set. But I do love the end result.

Credits: Layered template (The Two Of Us, Template 2 this one has now been retired from the set) by Chrissy W, Beauty Resides Within by Royanna Lea Fritschmann, Layered Edges 6 by Amy Hutchinson, Roses Border by Designing On The Edge, Bow Buddies by Metalmama, The Write Stuff by Misty Cato and Darcy Baldwin, My Favourite Colour Is Ribbon Stuff by Tracey Lee and Glitter Styles by Megan Farrow (Flergs). Font is DJB Nicole by Darcy Baldwin.

Journalling on tag reads: On this day 2 years ago I sat and wrote this blog post. Reading it back I remember exactly how close I was to calling the whole thing off. I was just so sick of it all. When I wrote that I never thought none of it would end up mattering, because my mum wouldn't even be at my wedding. I never considered the possibility that 2 years later she still wouldn't have spoken a word to me. or that during that time I would become a big sister again, to a baby I was never going to get to see. I won’t deny it, there have been many times since we got married when I have wished I had made the decision to call it all off. We have had so many problems and arguments, we even seperated for a while. But so many things have changed, including me. We have learn’t so much about each other and we have worked hard on our marriage. It hasn't been easy, there have been a lot of low points. Mark losing his mum being one of the worst but I have finally reached the point, where I can put my hand on my heart, and honestly say, I know I made the right choice. For the first time in my life I feel like I belong somewhere. I feel like I have people who care about me and love me just for being me. I am happier now than I have ever been before. I don't miss my mum at all, not the nagging or the criticising, the smoking or the shouting. I miss my brothers and sisters with all my heart, but still I know that I made the choice I needed to make. I am right where I need to be, with my husband and my son. None of us know what the next two years will bring, but we are ready for anything as long as we are together as a family.
Journalling on main block is a copy of my blog post here

Enabling: Beauty Resides Within Papers by Royanna Lea Fritschmann available here,
Roses Border by Designing On The Edge available here (linked in sidebar), The Write Stuff by Misty Cato and Darcy Baldwin available here, My Favourite Colour Is Ribbon Stuff by Tracey Lee available here and DJB Nicole by Darcy Baldwin available here. Layered Edges 6 by Amy Hutchinson, Bow Buddies by Metalmama and Chrissy's template are all retired sorry.

Right now I am too restless to sleep so I am off to listen to the new album I just picked up on Itunes and do some organizing in ACDSee I just don't feel like scrapping tonight.

No comments: