Monday, October 06, 2008

Ah yes the layouts

I promised to post, sorry about that I just never got around to it thanks in part to the many many things that went wrong. Shall we start with the power cut as I was half way through a layout, we can then move onto that same power cut turning my television off. Not a bad thing in my view except when it means I have no tv for the rest of the day for Lukas to watch because of the way Mark has everything rigged up, that man and his damn wires drive me insane. Nothing is ever just as simple as putting the plug into the wall here oh no he has to fiddle with things and wire everything via a cable jungle. But that's a post all of it's own for another day. Then we can move onto Mark booking the 3 for 2 offer on the wrestling pay per views on my debit card. Which wouldn't have been an issue but he also drew cash out. I went to pay for the cinema tickets for this morning and my card got declined. I was definately not amused. Then I went to check out the 2 25c items at Designer Digitals and my card got declined again. Mark produced his Visa card and I paid for them on that, then I looked at the bill and saw that there had been an item I didn't even want, never even remember looking at in the basket so my 50c purchase jumped up to nearly a $5 purchase. Our little Chessington Adventure has really screwed us up for money this month, and while it was worth it it just means we have to be more careful for the rest of this month than usual. So as I was sitting there last night feeling sad because my card had been declined I remembered something, Sweet Shoppe Rewards are this week, I had already put a few bits and pieces in my basket ready to check out and now I don't have the cash available thanks to Mark drawing out cash and making a payment on my card and not telling me. So I am pissed off. I worked really hard to get my layouts finished in time to earn my 40% off and now I won't be able to use it. But anyway I will shut up moaning about yesterday and move onto a little moaning about today. This morning we got up early to take Conor and Lukas to the cinema to see Space Chimps. Before I say anything else I will say 2 things upping the ticket price by 25p on a Sunday (They are £1.50 on a saturday and £1.75 on a Sunday, same timeslot, same cinema, same screen, same films just different day of the weekend) seems like an insane thing to do to me, but it obviously doesn't matter to anyone else since the cinema was packed solid. I also object the the £1.20 booking fee because "tickets have to be pre-booked" when you can just walk in there and buy them from the machine. But anyway I digress. This morning the phone rang it was Lisa asking us if Alex could come to the cinema as well, I told her I would be happy to take him but I was unsure if I would be able to get tickets. Well she can and picked us up and dropped us off at the cinema, and came in to try and buy a ticket for Alex. She ending up buying one for Alex and another for Ella, so instead of our original plan to take Lukas and Conor we ended up taking Lukas, Ella, Conor and Alex into a jam packed cinema, yeah good times. Conor and Alex found two seats together, Mark and Me got two together and Ella and Lukas found two on the other side of the aisle to us. Mark went off to get popcorn for Ella and Lukas. Things weren't going too badly at this point. They started to go badly when Ella decided she wanted the toilet, and when I tried to get down the stairs that people were sitting on because there was no seats I kind of accidently stepped on a bloke by accident, my bad. Ella was moaning because she wanted to go to the toilet by herself, um no I don't think so. Last weekend when we took her she was fine, never argued with me about anything. I went into the main bathroom with her but stood outside and held the door from the top. She wasn't happy because I wouldn't let her lock the door, and then she wanted to play with the taps and wasn't amused when I said no to that either. So she came back from the toilet in a mood. A little while later she demanded to be able to go and sit with Conor and when I told her she couldn't because there wasn't a seat there her mood got a little worse. Then she wanted an ice blast (think slush puppy kind of thing) 2 minutes before the end of the film and I said no to that too. She wasn't happy about me making her holds hands with Lukas when we were trying to get out, was mad I wouldn't let her stand outside to wait for Gary to pick them up because she had no coat on and it was raining. Got even more mad when Conor and Alex wondered over to look at something and I wouldn't let her go too, that time I stopped her because the flooor was slippery and I didn't want her to fall. Conor and Alex only needed to be asked to stop doing one thing, going up the escalator and sliding down the banisters. I guess boys are boys always trying to show off and impress each other. It would have been quite funny if I wasn't so terrified they would fall off and get hurt when I was supposed to be looking after them lol. I don't think Space Chimps was as good as Kung Fu Panda, but I might still pick up the dvd and give it another look. I think the film is aimed at an older audience and they have added animated characters to make it appeal to younger kids. Conor and Alex said it was great, Lukas not so much. Ella was just in a strop, she hadn't touched any of her popcorn because she was sulking. When Gary came to pick them up Ella ran off towards him and I chased after her because of it being a main road. I wasn't really that impressed when Gary said "oh, she always does that". It took a lot of tongue biting to not turn around and say "well, don't let her". After Conor, Alex and Ella went with Gary we decided to take Lukas to Jamboray for a bit since we were in the area. They have renamed it to Jambinos but it's still the same sort of thing. We spent a few hours in there, Lukas had a blast my down point was the 2 birthday parties they were holding with lots of balloons. Lukas loved playing with them but I didn't have any allergy tablets on me, so I kind of sat there feeling miserable and wanting to go home. When we got home I went to bed because I felt so rough and pretty much stayed there until a few hours ago. We watched the No Mercy Pay Per View and while the matches were good, no titles changed hands and I have seen better. So that is my day for you, good but not great such a change from last weekend. But I can accept good it's better than totally crappy. Tomorrow I have scrapping to catch up on since I haven't actually scrapped anything this weekend thanks to the power cut. Lukas has school tomorrow and Mark is off to his dad's for the day to do washing. So I will either be sitting here scrapping or catching up on some more sleep, decisions, decisions lol. I will get those layouts posted tomorrow, if I decide to sleep it won't be until the afternoon but I will do it.

No comments: