Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Here are the layouts I promised

There are a few of them, give me a minute while I go check when I last shared them so I know which ones to link up. Ok so there are 6 from the end of September and 5 from October. Here goes.
The 1st one was created for a cookie decorating challenge at Sweet Shoppe Designs

Credits: Layered template (Cookie Decorating 101, 26th August 2008) by Aggie Aviso, The Write Stuff by Misty Cato and Darcy Baldwin, 2 Cool 4 School by Dani Mogstad and Susan Bartolini, Page Templates 1 by Janet Phillips and First Day Jitters by Kate Hadfield. Font is DJB How Cute Am I? by Darcy Baldwin.

Journalling reads: There have been so many things that have changed since you first started school. At first you only did afternoons, there was no uniform and it was about 75% play and 25% work. I used to have to send training pants and spare clothes. Then you started going all day long, played less and learnt more and had a proper school uniform. You seem to really enjoy the different things each new year brings. I’m so proud of you!

Enabling:

The second one was created for Inspiration Challenge at Sweet Shoppe Designs

Credits: Layered template (Lots To Say, Template 1) by Chrissy W, Write It by Darcy Baldwin and Misty Cato and Pud Muddles by Kay Miller and Kristin Cronin Barrow. Font is DJB Nicole by Darcy Baldwin.

Journalling reads: Sometimes I wonder exactly who I am. I look at my family and come to the conclusion that I am...A mummy, willing to sit up all night just to watch you breathing and make sure you are ok. The one with the crazy ideas and the last minute decisions. The one with the flair for detail, always doing the extra bit to make you smile. A wife, waiting to listen to you snoring at night, unable to rest until you are safe in our bed. I am the friend who’s always there, waiting to listen to all that you share. I love my family with all my heart and soul, I would do anything for them. I’m the only thing I could ever want to be...ME!!

Enabling:

The third one was created for a Paper 2 Digi Challenge at Sweet Shoppe Designs

Scraplift of London Bridge by Purkage (Kelly Purkey) found here
Credits: Afternoon Stroll by Misty Cato. Font is DJB JenniferA by Darcy Baldwin.

Journalling reads: On our trip to the park the two of you walked away hand in hand. Both of you were content in the knowledge neither one would let the other stumble on the rough ground.

Enabling:

The fourth one was created for a Scrap With The Sugarbabes challenge at Sweet Shoppe Designs

Credits: Layered template (Layers, Template 1) by Darcy Baldwin and Goody Two Shoes and Giggles Alpha by Kristin Cronin Barrow. Fonts are DJB Nicole and DJB Annalise by Darcy Baldwin.

Journalling reads: Crystal Gender: Female Origin: English Pronunciation: KRISS tal Derived from: The English word crystal for the clear, colourless glass, sometimes cut into the shape of a gemstone. The English word derives ultimately from Greek krystallos meaning "ice". It has been in use as a given name since the 19th century. Louise Gender: Female Origin: Old German and French Pronunciation: loo EEZ Derived from: Feminine version of French name Louis which is the french version of the German name Chlodowig (often more commonly referred to as Ludwig. It means either Fame and War or Renowned fighter. My mum was always a fan of unusual names. I used to love love my name. Until I had a teacher who only called me Dynasty and I never got why, until I did a little research online. It was a popular tv show in the 80s when I was born. I have no clue whether my mum watched it or not though. My name is a huge part of who I am it ensures that no-one ever forgets me, I stand out just enough without people standing there wondering exactly what my mum was on when she named me!

The fifth one was created for a One Word Challenge at Sweet Shoppe Designs

Credits: Layered template (Angie'licious 2 Rectangle, Template 1) and Paper Cutters (Huge Scallop With Holes Rectangle Paper) by Chrissy W, Love and Thanks by Eva Kipler and Andrea Burns and Bead-aholic Alpha (recoloured) by Britt-ish Designs. Font is DJB Nicole by Darcy Baldwin.

Journalling reads: On your 1st day back we always take a photograph of your new shoes. They get ruined so fast, It’s always nice to have a little reminder that, there was a time when they actually looked like new shoes.

Enabling:

The sixth one was created for a Spin-A-Lift challenge at Sweet Shoppe Designs

Spin-A-Lift of Relax by Nikki Hawkins (NikkiARNGwife) found here.
Credits: Layered template (Inspired by Nikki, Template 4) by Bree Clarkson, Doggone Cute by Heather Roselli and Date Stamps Volume 2 by Britt-ish Designs. Font is FO-Printing Primer Abundant by Fontologie.

Journalling reads: Lukas waiting to go on the Tomb Blaster in the Forbidden Kingdom at Chessington World of Adventures.

Enabling:

I am not sure if I mentioned either of these things before so here goes, my apologies if I have already told you. Chrissy has added rectangle versions of some of her templates to the store and I have been very inspired to create with them. I have also rejoined Royanna's CT it's good to be a Posh Princess again I really missed Royanna and the other girls so all of these ones I am about to show you are a mixture of Chrissy's rectangle templates and new kits or collabs by Royanna.

The first one is an older picture of Ella, that I have scrapped before but I don't really have a lot of Halloween photographs to choose from and she looks so sweet in this one.

Credits: Layered template ({Still} Mixin' It Up, Template 2) by Chrissy W, All Worn Out Overlays by Penny Springmann and Spookalicious by Digital Reality Bytes - Royanna Lea Fritschmann and Laura White (Princess Lala).

Enabling:

The second one is a photo of Hayley when we saw her for the first time, it was a tiny photo because it was taken on a mobile phone camera, but I think it worked quite well in this layout.

Credits: Layered template (Angie'licious 2 Rectangle, Template 3) by Chrissy W and Tessa Cait by Digital Reality Bytes - Royanna Lea Fritschmann and Laura White (Princess Lala). Font is Scrap Calligraphy. Journalling reads: Our 1st niece Hayley Jade 27th November 05.

Enabling:

The third one is another old photograph from Lukas's birthday last year, his eyes looked amazing in these shots even if he wouldn't cooperate and smile for me. Definately not a normal use for that kit, but I liked the colours and had nothing else that would work with it.

Credits: Layered template (Template Challenge 6 Rectangle) by Chrissy W, Afternoon Stroll by Misty Cato and Art Is Freedom by Digital Reality Bytes - Royanna Lea Fritschmann and Laura White (Princess Lala). Font is Cheapskate Fill

Journalling reads: On your birthday all I wanted was a photograph of you smiling. But you were having none of it. You scowled and fidgeted until I got cross with you and told you off and then you cried. I have never felt so guilty in my entire life. I had made you cry on your birthday. All I was trying to do was capture how great the day had been and instead I had ruined it. I gave you a cuddle and you cheered up again but I struggled to stop feeling guilty about it. I learnt a really valuable lesson that day though. Sometimes you will not be what I want you to be and that ’s ok. I have to accept that and not try to change you. Nobody least of all me has the right to make you feel like you should be something else. Anyone who can’t sit back and accept you for yourself probably does not deserve you anyway. When I tried and make you into something you are not I only end up making you feel miserable and you deserve so much better than that. I love you and I always will. As long as you are always allowed to be yourself to me you will always be perfect and even when you are not we will always love you because of being the person you are. You are special never let anyone tell you otherwise or try and change you Lukas.

Enabling:

The fourth one is a photograph from our last trip to Chessington. I just loved his expression even though the photograph wasn't perfect, moving boats, dark and a child who is a fidget will do that.

Credits: Layered template (Angie'licious 2 Rectangle, Template 4) by Chrissy W, Folded Corner 5 by Karah Fredricks and Playdate Mini, Playdate Addon and B3 Bounce Bounce Bounce by Amy Bleser. Font is 2Peas Sunshine.

Journalling reads: When we went on the Bubble Works ride at Chessington, you decided it would be a lot of fun, to put your arms out in the water sprays, and soak yourself and daddy. To say that Daddy was not very amused would be putting it mildly. But the more angry Daddy got, the more you giggled. Cheeky boy!

Enabling:

The fifth and final one is a super old photograph of Leo in SCBU that photo is over 4 years old. I asked Lukas what I should scrap next and he said Leo, he helped me pick all the embellishments, and I added the steps for feeding him so we never forget how nothing was ever simple with that sweet little guy, but every single moment was worth more than a million pound to us.

Credits: Layered template (Angie'licious 2 Rectangle, Template 2) by Chrissy W and Labelled and Typecasted and Cherish Life by Royanna Lea Fritschmann. Fonts are AL Messenger and AL Worn Machine.

Journalling reads: 1st time feeding Leo in SCBU via his oral NG tube.
1.Remove milk from fridge
2.Warm to room temperature
3.Take a new syringe
4.Remove cap from NG tube
5.Insert syringe into tube
6.Draw back syringe
7.Remove syringe
8.Take a piece of PH paper.
9.Drip fluid onto paper
10.Paper should turn blue
11.Open bottle of milk
12.Draw up correct amount of milk (see chart)
13.Remove air bubbles
14.Place syringe in tube
15.Inject milk slowly and steadily or remove the plunger and allow milk to be gravity fed.
16. Repeat steps 12-15 until feed is complete.
17. Remove syringe
18. Replace cap on NG Tube.
19. Sign chart to say feed has been completed.
20. Throw away any left over milk.

I will be back with some more layouts soon, I have spent today playing with my brand new Skype S2 phone. Mark bought it for me, it's a contract phone and it's only £12 a month. It's nice to get silly text messages from him on his break. I haven't had a properly working mobile phone for a very long time and it never seemed necessary since whenever I go out I am with Mark. But I saw this one and he offered to buy it for me and I kind of fell a little in lust with it. It has a lot of cool features and I am really looking forward to adding all the birthdays and other things to it. It's more of a toy than a necessary item but I really am loving playing with it, sometimes my husband rocks my world. Right I have to get off my butt and do stuff now but I will be back later to do the enabling for this post and anywhere else it is outstanding, and maybe share a layout.

No comments: