Tuesday, December 18, 2007

This just doesn't seem to be our Christmas does it

Mark got a phone call earlier from David, his mum has been rushed into hospital. The only details we know are that Mark's dad had to call an ambulance (they live a few minutes from the hospital so it must have been bad) and she was severly dehydrated. Mark is being his usual self, doesn't seem very bothered but I do think he's hurt the only person his Dad bothered to phone was his sister Julie. Julie phoned David and then David called Mark. Nan's been back to the hospital today they wanted to admit her but agreed that she could do what they wanted to do at home, she has more prescriptions from them including a painkiller gel for her leg. I also happen to think that Christmas should be renamed the season of hypocrites, this morning I received a Christmas card in the post. It was addressed to Mr and Mrs C Blake. I thought that was pretty odd since only people who actually came to our wedding were aware that Mark took my name. I opened it to find a card from my Grandma (on my dad's side). She was invited to the wedding, and chose not to come even though my dad offered to bring her, the wedding card she sent only had my name on it same as the christmas card I received last year only had my name on it, which I found pretty insulting since she knew I was getting married to Mark and we have been a couple for 6 years but I never said anything. I sent her a thank you card and some wedding cake after my wedding, I know she had to have got it because I sent it recorded delivery so she had to sign for it, if she wasn't in it would have been returned to me because it was perishable, she never even let me know she had received it. But anyway I am getting away from the point which is that she hasn't bothered with me all year. When I opened the card I was even more annoyed, it was addressed to Crystal and David, yes I did say David. My husband is called Mark not difficult to remember since it's also my Dad's name is it. There was a card for Lukas (cheap, nasty and winnie the pooh) and a cheque for £30. No note or anything. I don't want her bloody money. I would have been a lot happier with a phone call occasionally. Or heck even for her to answer my phone calls or letters, but she doesn't because she's always been friendly with my mum. She chooses my mum over her own kids and I have no clue why. I haven't heard anything from my Dad since I rung him and reminded him that he had forgotten his grandson's birthday and he sent him a card and with cash in it. That was August. What is it with my family they think that they can throw money at people a couple of times a year and that's enough. But it's not just her and my dad, why is it everyone can go the whol year without acknowledging my existance and then send me a cheque/cash because it's christmas? Every year I am naive enough to believe that this year has to be better than the last one, and every year something happens and I am proved wrong. If we didn't have Lukas I might well do a Madonna and abandon the whole idea of Christmas.

No comments: