Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Just got back from Lukas's school play

The teacher said at the end that she could see some of the parents wiping tears away and wasn't that sweet, I was wiping tears of laughter away do you think that counts?
Lets start with the line that made me giggle, although to my credit I did manage not to laugh out loud.
Little kid: "Sparkle was the brightest star in all the sky"
Lukas "No it isn't my Leo is"
Yep entirely my fault that one when I explained about Leo going to heaven I told him that Leo was a star in the sky. Having no clue which star was which or how I could point out just one that he would always be able to see, I told him Leo is always the star which looks the brightest to you, he's watching from up above and he shines brightest for you because he wants you to know that he is there.

He followed this up with a tiny row with the teacher sat next to him because she confiscated his star he was wearing. He kept taking it off because he wanted to chew the string on it and she didn't want him to do that so she took the star away and he wanted it back.

The funniest part for me was when he saw me afterwards trying to get at least one photo that wasn't pants and he told the little girl stood right in fron of him "will you move, my mum's trying to take pictures" lol. That's my boy alright. He was a lot better this year than last year he joined in some of the songs (not that I even knew he was going to be singing, I never know anything he's done at school. It's my job to be a proud mummy even if I am only proud that he didn't cause a major scene, that he never tried to get up and wonder off or that he didn't cry to come home when he saw me. You've come a long way baby, and I am one very proud mummy. It's just a shame that the pictures aren't any good. I can't see a way to make them salvageable. Oh well there's always next year lol.

No comments: