Friday, October 08, 2010

Bedroom Tent


Bedroom Tent, originally uploaded by Lukasmummy.

Credits: Layered template (Curve Concepts,Template 3) by Elizabeth Albers (Scrapping With Liz), Camp Out by Laura White (C.W Picket & Company) and Playtime Wordart (slightly recoloured) by Wordart World by Jennifer. Fonts are Pea Beth by Amanda Bottoms (Fonts For Peas).
Journalling reads: For the first time I can remember I am stuck, I just can’t find the words to talk about you and the tent you have in your bedroom. I have written so many things but they all sound wrong, I have had this layout sitting here for days, mocking me waiting for the words to make it complete, but I just can’t find them. This morning I realised why I can’t find the words, I am not the one playing in the tent, you are. I am not the one who loves the tent, you are. This layout isn’t working because it’s not my words that it needed, it’s yours. So I asked you to tell me all about it, why it’s special, why you love it, what you do in there, what you imagine it becomes, and this is simply your unedited response, to why the tent is currently your favourite thing in your bedroom. I like my tent because, it’s amazing and I can go in it and play. I like to play pretend games in it, like bakugan and star wars and pretend it’s a secret base. I like to sit in it and crawl in it and build duplo and lego robots. It’s special because it’s my special colourful happy place. I sometimes like to sleep in it. I like getting in through the window instead of the door. I like getting out through the window too. I normally like talking to all my teddies in there. I like it when Logan comes in with me, he thinks it’s good I think. I broke the sticks when I tried to put all of the sofa cushions in there to make it, more like a cave, but they didn’t really fit in there.

No comments: