Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Wedding Dress


Wedding Dress, originally uploaded by Lukasmummy.

Credits: Layered template (Queen Of Scrap 2010 Template Bundle) by Tanya's Crossbone Cuts (TanyaH666) and Sharp Dressed (slightly recoloured) by Jane Shaver Little Red Scraps). Font is DJB Kim W by Darcy Baldwin.
Journalling reads: Anyone who knows me will tell you, I was never the kind of girl who spent hours, just sitting and thinking about the sort of wedding dress I would wear one day. I was never the kind of girl who liked to imagine what my wedding day was going to be like. I was never even that girl who daydreamed about being married to some celebrity or other, or that girl who scrawled the name of her latest crush on her notebooks. Actually I never even had crushes on boys, I spent more time fighting with them than I did mooning over them. I was the kind of girl who used to say I was never going to get married, never going to have kids. I even left school with a certificate saying I was the least likely person to end up married with kids. There is no fairy story, no I met my prince charming moment. That’s just not the way that my story goes. When we got engaged I was the one who did the asking. The ring we ended up buying spent as much time on my finger as it did being thrown at him in temper. We fought like cat and dog and during the time we were planning our wedding, he heard at least once a day that the wedding was off. At first I didn’t even want a dress, all of the ones I tried on seemed so wrong. Too long, too short, too girly, too tight, wrong size, made me look massive, way too expensive etc. Then I saw this one, on Ebay of all places. I had to send the designer all of my measurements and she would make the dress to fit. The only problem was it was going to be shipped from China. I was so terrified it wasn’t going to arrive in time, or it wasn’t going to fit I went and bought a suit, just incase. Somehow despite it all we made it to our wedding morning. It was only as he stood behind me and laced up my dress. I finally understood why people made such a fuss. As I looked in the mirror I couldn’t believe that it was me staring back. I looked and felt like a fairy princess. I guess even though I didn’t know it, I had been waiting for this my whole life.

No comments: