Monday, December 01, 2008

Bye bye November, Bye bye cloud

So you may have noticed that my blog has a new look, I decided that something more fitting of the cold weather was in order. I spent quite a while recolouring things to get the final look but I have to say I love it. With November finally over I am happy to say that I am finally feeling a little more cheerful than I have done for a while. Its nice to feel like doing something other than crying. I suppose you are wondering what I have been up to? Well we spent Leo's anniversary/heaven day together as a family. We took a coach to Milton Keynes and went to see Santa. That was nice and Lukas loved the present he got. We rode on the train in the display and did a little shopping and then we went to Ikea lol. It was a nice family day out and a great way to try not to dwell on Leo not being there. When we got back we were all too tired to light the candle and sing for him like we usually do but we do have plans to do that next weekend when Mark is off work again. The best part of the day was on the coach on the way home, I got a text message on my phone from my dad. I am not sure if you know but the relationship I have with him is not exactly normal. For the most part we don't really have a relationship since he lives in Scotland and I live in Oxford. Every so often one of us makes an effort to have a real relationship, we write letters or call each other and then eventually we stop bothering. I know he loves me because he does crazy things like come all the way down for my wedding, but we don't really communinicate. There are lots of reasons for this but none of them really matter it always comes down to the same thing. We care a lot about each other but it's hard to be the one to make the first move to make contact again. Anyway I wrote him a letter after Darren emigrated and I have been stalking the postman ever since. I really wanted him to write back but I wasn't sure if he would. Being the sarcastic type of person I am I kind of left him with no excuse not to contact me because I added a whole sheet with email addresses, phone numbers etc he can use to get in touch with me. But anyway back to the text message. There aren't many people who have my mobile number, I do most of my talking via email or instant message. So I was a little surprised to get a text message and assued it was just Mark sending me one from his seat a few rows back. To say I was intrigued when it showed a number instead of a name is an understatement. Then I read it and how I restrained myself from shouting it out to the whole bus I don't know lol. Think positive pregnancy test after miscarriage, winning lottery ticket and anything else like that and you might be getting close to how thrilled I was lol. I know it sounds strange that something that simple can make me so happy but it just does. I can't explain except to say that it makes me belive anything is possible. Does that make any sense at all. Anyway I spent the rest of the way home having a text conversation with him until he had to go to work. It's knowing that I have a way to tell my dad something and get an instant reply instead of having to write a letter, post it and hope that it arrived and then wait for him to write back. It couldn't really be simpler to stay in touch could it. If he doesn't keep in touch now I will at least know it's not because of misunderstandings and unreceived mail. Neither one of us will be thinking the other isn't interested in talking. I am rambling I know sorry I just can't seem to help it. I really have to go and get some stuff done now but I will be back later on I have too much stuff to say for a change. It's just so nice to have that problem instead of the one I had last month.

No comments: