Friday, December 12, 2008

You know it I know it

when it comes to writing on here I often don't have anything to say. There really is only so many ways you can write got up, sat around all day, read some emails, tried to scrap or feel ill and since that is pretty much my day to day while Lukas is at school (if I get up lol I tend to be awake at night and sleep during the day) I don't really have much content. I used to just blog the layouts I had scrapped that day but I don't scrap as much any more either, maybe that will change with the new computer or maybe it won't but I wanted something else to use this blog for. Then when I was reading this weeks Writers Notebook entry on the We Are Storytellers Blog I saw something I thought was quite interesting. The One Minute Writer and The Daily Meme. Well I am always looking for new ways to journal on my layouts and prompts like this usually ask things that either I might forget about or might never be inspired to scrap without a little push. I am not going to promise to keep up with them every day because it's just unrealistic really, but I am going to try and at least do a few of them a week. So these are the 10 I got in my blog reader today when I subscribed to the blog, there are others on the blog and maybe when I have nothing else to say I will attempt some of them but for now the idea is to go forward with this idea not backwards. So this post could get kind of long sorry. So are you ready?

If you could have just one perfect minute today, what would it consist of?
I got my perfect moment today when I opened photoshop and it actually opened in a few seconds rather than a few hours I got 3 layouts done in less than an hour. That is about as perfect as it gets for someone who has had as many computer issues as I have lately. I can't belive how much happier I feel now that I can work quicker.

In what area of your life do you tend toward excess instead of moderation?
Well anyone know reads my blog knows that I do a lot of things in excess but my biggest would have to be scrapbooking supplies I have way more than I will probably ever use yet still I buy more. There is always something I feel I "need", something I am hoping to buy or something I can't help myself from picking up just because it's cute or I have some vague idea for a layout using it. I guess I am a Shopperholic or maybe a scrpperholic would be more accurate lol.

Write about an "online-only" friend you have not met in person.
Wow this one is super easy, my very best friend live on the other side of the world, we met through a creative team we were on. She is like my long lost sister or something we are always joking that we were seperated at birth because we have so much in common. I wouldn't even begin to describe how much I value her friendship if I had a whole year let alone 1 minute. With a friendship like this the distance doesn't really matter we are still always there for each other, but that doesn't stop us wishing there was a way that we could meet up and go for a coffee together or something. I know that she will always listen to me without judging and I would trust her with my life. She's such a special person and I adore her, don't I Amy lol.

Write about an item you own that isn't worth much money but has great value to you.
I actually scrapped about the most valuable item I own a little while ago, it's not worth anything in money really but to me it's priceless. Give me a minute and I will link you to the layout. Here you go the credits and journalling are underneath.

Write about one of your earliest memories.
I think I will come back to that one at a later date.

How do you strive to be similar to, or different from, your parents?
I think I will come back to that one as well.

You are designing your own house. Describe it.
If I was building my own house and money was no object I would probably have lots of soft furniture. Being comfortable is important to me. I would have carpets because everything else is cold to walk on and I like to barefoot at all times. I would have curtains not blinds and light coloured furniture probably beech (that's what we have now). I would have a desk like I have now but it would have a bit more shelving and a built in light. All of the rooms would be light and airy with lots of natural light but as little direct glare from the windows as possible. I would probably have a jacuzzi and as few stairs as possible. I would love a huge kitchen with space to sit around and a massive amount of storage space. I would also have a huge bath with a built in shower and Lukas would have a room big enough to have all his toys and be able to play with them. I would also love to have a little nursery and hey since it's my fantasy there would be a super cute little girl sleeping in it and an attached granny flat for Nan so she could be close enough for me to hear if she needed me but far enough away not to annoy me constantly.

If you had $100,000 to give away, to what person(s) or organization(s) would you give it?
I would probably donate the majority to the local SCBU (Special Care Baby Unit) so they could take care of more babies that were born too soon or were born sick. With more money they will be able to buy equipment to take care of the babies born too soon or too sick to go home better and maybe more of them will be able to stay in their local hospital instead of being sent miles and miles away because of the hospital having insufficent space or equipment to take care of them properly. Then I would make a donation to FSID (Foundation For The Study Of Infant Death) maybe they would be able to use it for research so that perhaps there won't be so many parents who have to go through the hell of losing their baby or child. Anything that means parents don't have to suffer that incredible pain of losing them is a thing worth supporting in my opinion. To me those two will always rank above any of the other charities out there because both of them have helped us a lot, SCBU gave us Lukas and Leo (even if it was only for a while) and FSID were always there after Leo died, they were really supportive even if I didn't use it at least I knew it was there if I had needed it. I believe that eventually their research will help even if it only manages to find a way to solve the question that haunts many people - why it happened.

What is your least favorite food, and why?
I would have to say dried fruit I have never understood why anyone would want to eat it, especially raisins. I hate the texture, I hate the smell and the taste makes me shudder. The only things that make me heave more than dried fruit is Fish and most condiments and sauces.
I only have to smell fish or any of the many sauces I hate and I feel like I am going to throw up. Yes I know I am weird but I can't help it.

Share the story of how you got a scar (or any injury, even if a scar didn't result.)
I have quite a few scars because I am accident prone, but the worst ones have a story attached to them. When I lost Gaiebraille, the doctors decided that it would be best of they made me go into hospital and they gave me some medication to start off labour. When it didn't work they tried again and eventually after 6 weeks they made the decision to use a surgical method instead well the procedure they attempted didn't work either and they decided to do some scans and MRI's etc to find out why. When they did those they found out that I had more than one part to my uterus and that the baby would never be able to be removed via anything other than an invasive surgical procedure. They made a cut on either side of my tummy and a cut in the middle of my belly button where they inserted a camera, it took them a while but eventually they were finished. It's not exactly reassuring to be told that they removed that extra part and one of the tubes, and that even after looking they weren't exactly sure what they were dealing with. When they stitched up the cuts the made the stitches were put in too tight so I ended up with one scar you can barely notice (the middle one), one that faded but you can still feel (the left one) and one that still hurts to touch, is bright purple and can be felt through jeans and that was 6 years ago in February. Those are definately my most interesting scars.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Day i am fresh to this. I stumbled upon this chat board I find It vastly helpful and its helped me out a lot. I should be able to contribute & assist other people like it has helped me.

Cheers, See Ya Around

Anonymous said...

Hi i'm fresh to this, I hit upon this website I find It truly useful and it has helped me a great deal. I should be able to contribute and aid other people like it has helped me.

Thank You, See Ya Later

Anonymous said...

I have interpret a insufficient of the articles on your website trendy, and I really like your tastefulness of blogging. I added it to my favorites entanglement age muster and resolve be checking back soon. Divert check in view my site as approvingly and leave to me be familiar with what you think. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

I fool infer from a only one of the articles on your website now, and I definitely like your line of blogging. I added it to my favorites net age list and will be checking back soon. Please repress out my put as ok and vindicate me conscious what you think. Thanks.