Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Getting organised and playing catch up

There's nothing like spending the day getting my digi stash organised, listening to my music and catching up with all the projects I am behind on. It's easily my favourite way to spend the day at the moment. Even if my nose and eyes are running constantly and I feel rubbish lol. Even though sleep would have been a lovely alternative but we have lots going on here, there's supposed to be someone coming to inspect the house, between yesterday and tomorrow but we don't actually know when they are coming. So we had to clean and tidy the whole house and now we have to sit around and wait for them to show up. Lukas is out playing in the garden, he's still poorly but maybe the fresh air will do him some good. I was playing with him yesterday and I was quite shocked at how long he sat still and played for. He has an amazing imagination and is quite happy to amuse himself for hours. His favourite toys at the moment - a roll of string, a cardboard box and a toilet roll lol. Marks been signed off work by the doctor again because he's feeling really depressed again. I never know how to help him when he is like this because he doesn't talk about anything he just shuts down. Yesterday was a year since we lost the last baby. I really wish he would open up to me, but he knows I am here if and when he does feel like talking about everything. He's really enjoying the scrapping, he hasn't quite got to the stage where he feels comfortable with journalling but he's getting better all the time. It's lovely to have a hobby to share with him, it's fun watching him learn new things he's always so pleased with himself when he masters a technique. The best point for me is watching his face when he gets comments. As sick as this sounds whenever Mark is really depressed, I'm not, I think it's because I step into my natural role as protector. When he's feeling vunerable I tend to fall into the mother role. I seem to function the best when I have responsibilty and people that need to be taken care of. I am going to get back to the organising before Mark gets home and Lukas comes back upstairs. Will probably be back later.

No comments: