Friday, June 02, 2006

Day full of boo boos

What is it with men and tools? How can they turn a simple do it yourself task into a massive blood fest?
Mark goes into garden to do something in the shed. Im sat upstairs minding my own business and trying to watch last ever episode of Charmed. His mother comes up and says he needs to go to A&E because hes cut the top of his thumb off. I go racing downstairs and find the garden looks like a horrow film, blood everywhere, Marks sat on decking with kitchen roll wrapped around his hand and blood still dripping. He removes the paper and I see a bloody mess and a big hole in his thumb. Off he goes with his dad to A&E. I come back upstairs and try to watch Charmed with a screaming Lukas because he wanted to go hospital with daddy. In the hours they spent at the hospital Lukas managed to whack his leg and has a cut right across it. Combined with the minor other stuff he did. Mark comes home with a hugs bandage on it and has to go to another hospital to have a surgical team assess the damage. Apparently a shard of bone is wedged in the wound. The worst thing about it all is its his right hand and he is the biggest baby I have ever met, I am going to have to do absolutely everything, oh joy. I am sympathetic I really am, but this is the same man who shaved his legs for a dare (by me) and who went on constantly about it for 3 weeks. This is also the man who had a runny nose and went and spent over £10 in boots on decongestants and pain medication. See why I am not looking forward to the time following yet another one of his silly accidents. On the up side I have X-Ray photos and bandage photos and will probably have gory gross photos to scrap as well, so its not all bad lol.

No comments: