Sunday, July 20, 2008

So sorry

I really meant to get back the other night but then there were other things that needed to be done, Nan's still needing a lot of help, I'm really sick, Lukas is really sick and Mark's no help at all. *sigh* I feel like I am being buried by my to-do list lately everyday more things get added and nothing seems to get crossed off. I have managed to scrap a little though, usually while Nan is laying down and while Lukas is sleeping. So I have a few to share with you, I think all of them are for sweet shoppe challenges. Even this hectic life isn't going to stop me getting a discount of some kind at Sweet Shoppe Designs. I still have a vague hope of getting the full 40% off but it's looking less likely every single day lol. I can but hope though, since that helps greatly with my shopping addiction.

This first one was created for a Spin-A-Lift Challenge at Sweet Shoppe Designs.
Spin-A-Lift of Gracielou's Daddy's Girl (flipped horizontally)
Credits: Layered template (Collection 19, Template 1) by Jen Caputo, Little Buddies by Dani Mogstad and Gina Miller and Date It Tags by GG Digital Designs (The Golden Girls). Fonts are DJB Writes A Lot by Darcy Baldwin and 4990810.

Journalling reads: All I seem to have been hearing lately is “mummy, can I have a dog?” You know how much I hate to say “No” to you, but there are lots of reasons why we can’t have a dog at the moment. When me and Nana saw these on the shopping channel we knew we had to get them for you. Pat their heads and they lay down, sit and bark. Pat their paws and they shake your hand and rub them on the chin and they jump up and down. So we bought them and then listened to you saying “are my dogs coming today” every single day, at least once an hour until they finally arrived. When they came you were thrilled to see they even came complete with little collars. To you they are the best thing in the world. You love to play with them and stroke their soft fur. You finally have your very own “pets” to love and play with. We thought for a long time what we should call them. Me and Nana suggested lots of different names but eventually we decided on Yip and Yap. You made up a cute little song “Yippy and Yappy, my doggies make me happy”. I think they are a great substitute for the real thing because I don’t have to feed them, or walk them. I don’t have to take them to the vets or groom them. I don’t have to clean up any little accidents or presents. But best of all once you go to sleep I can turn them off and forget about them. Maybe one day we will be ready for the responsibility of owning a real pet, but for now these two are enough to make you happy Lukas.


Enabling:

This second one was created for a recipe challenge (Challenge #39) at Sweet Shoppe Designs.
Credits: Layered template (Jaelicious, Template 3) by Chrissy W, Life Is A Journey by Eva Kipler and Espirit by Kristin Cronin Barrow. Font is DJB Erika by Darcy Baldwin.

Journalling reads: Mummy and Lukas sitting in the tree. K.I.S.S.I.N.G. First he smiles sweetly and moves in real quick. A really lovely cuddle and a great big LICK!! Playing in the trees @ the park 24/06/2008.


Enabling:

This third one was created for a recipe challenge (Challenge #38) at Sweet Shoppe Designs.
Credits: Layered template (Jaelicious, template 1) by Chrissy W, Live Outloud by Sara AMarie, You've Got Pizazz by Traci Reed, Wordy Bits Dates by Kate Hadfield, Stampy Alpha Brushes and Fade To Black 2 Alpha Brushes both by Christy Lyle. Fonts are MTF Base by Miss Tiina and DJB Megan by Darcy Baldwin.

Journalling reads: We saw these street artists on our trip to London. For as long as I can remember people who choose to do this have fascinated me. I always wonder how they can bear wearing so much make-up, standing still for hours on end and remaining silent. I really love to watch them work, maybe it’s because I could never do it!

Quote:Art is... a question mark in the minds of those who want to know what's happening. Author: Aaron Howard


Enabling:

This fourth one was created for a Cookie Decorating 101 challenge (challenge #41) at Sweet Shoppe Designs.
Credits: Layered template (Cookie Decorating 101, July 8th 2008) by Meghan Mullens, Katarina by Melissa Bennett, Tons Of Tags by Shawna Clingerman and Paper Bits Blooms by Fee Jardine. Glitter Styles by Megan Farrows (Flergs). Fonts are LMS School Girl Crush and DJB MANDYK2 by Darcy Baldwin.

Journalling reads: When Nan fell and broke her arm and needed it to be put in plaster, we all knew that she would only have one colour cast PURPLE.


Enabling:

The fifth and final one was created for another Cookie Decorating 101 challenge (challenge #40) at Sweet Shoppe Designs.
Credits: Layered template (Cookie Decorating 101, July 1st 2008) by Aggie Aviso, He Said She Said Collaboration contributions by Amanda Slagle (Mandabean), Christy Lyle, Shawna Clingerman, Heather Roselli, Lauren Grier and Robin Carlton and Fade To Black 1 Alpha Brushes by Christy Lyle. Glitter Styles by Megan Farrows (Flergs). Font is DJB SOPHIEM aka DJB Boy V Girl by Darcy Baldwin.

Journalling reads: Egg and Spoon Race, Football Dribbling Race, Quoit Balancing Race, Dressing Up Race, Rat Race, Enjoying Every Minute, Green Team Winning!

Enabling:

I will be back to do the enabling once I have got Lukas to bed.

1 comment:

ChrissyW said...

fantastic pages as usual!!! :)