Thursday, July 24, 2008

From Our Blog To Yours - Summer Jobs

This prompt is all about summer jobs. I haven't ever really been in the position of having a summer job but I have been in the position of working during the summer. I worked in a small shop we had tills that you needed to manually input everything on, that place was hot in the winter let alone the boiling summer, we had a small fan at the till that was supposed to help. The heat was unbearable and made all the staff bad tempered and grumpy staff mixed with equally hot and grumpy customers is never ever going to be a peaceful combination. Working the till was just one part of my job another was restocking the deep freezers. Now as much as I don't like the heat I don't like the cold. So you come to work in a t-shirt because it's boiling, then you go into a freezer that is insanely cold and you have to be in there for anywhere between 30 minutes and an hour at a time depending on who else had been in there and what a mess it was then you had to load all the stock into a trolley and fill the freezers. It's not easy to stack freezers when you fingers are blue but you are sweating everywhere else. Don't get me wrong I used to love my job (yeah I am a little twisted lol). I used to like chatting to the customers but if I am honest I loved being anywhere that wasn't home with my mum and the kids. If that meant 7am starts and 9pm finishes that was fine with me, even if I did have to hand over my entire wage packet to my mum every week, but that is also something for another time. Right now I am going to crawl into my bed and try and go to sleep. Hopefully I will be able to catch up with some posts tomorrow.

No comments: