Thursday, July 24, 2008

From Our Blog To Yours - Birthday Style

The prompt for this one is to blog about your favourite birthday year, whether you think you have reached or had the best age and what that age was. Not really a very easy prompt for me because I can never remember having a birthday where I wasn't ill, my mum didn't cause trouble/ruin it completely or it didn't just suck lol. So I thought I would go with my best birthday memory. You will have to bear with me tonight my brain is fried, Lukas is still sick, I am still sick, Mark is still a pain and on top of everything else looks like Nan is coming down with what me and Lukas have. It's 1:20am and she's just gone to bed! She has a hospital appointment at the fracture clinic for her arm tomorrow at 12:30 so if the details are a little vagie on this I apologise I will come back and fix them when I am not feeling so yucky. Ok so my best birthday memory ever involves something I normally am not fond of - cake lol. I have never really liked birthday cake, I hate the icing for a start. So Nan decided one year she was going to make me a birthday cake, the only sort of cake I liked a banana cake. Which was cool enough all by itself but she went one better than that she decorated the top with a photograph of my favourite band Boyzone (cut from a magazine and pinned on the cake, edible photos didn't really exist then). I don't think I have ever been so pleased with anything in my life. She went to all that effort for me just to try and give me a nice birthday. I was really touched by that. Especially when she happened to let on that the cake has cost 3x as much as she thought it was going to do lol, and told me that I was worth every penny. As for the age I don't know what age was best, I have a lot more to come yet. The advantage of having a kid though is I get to indulge my childish side so I guess I like being whatever age I am being when I am playing with him lol. That saying about you are only as old as you feel would probably have me somewhere nearer 80 than 24 lol.

No comments: