Sunday, November 25, 2007

What happened to Sympathy?

I had another accident today, I slipped while getting out of the bath and really hurt myself. I went into our bedroom to lick my wounds (no not literally lol) Mark went to have his bath. I just got a right mouthful from Nan because apparently there was "puddles of water everywhere" in the bathroom, now tell me wouldn't you have assumed that any water that spilt from the bath when I fell would have been cleaned up by DH either before he got in the bath or after he got out? I so don't get how I deserved the crap I got from her for hurting myself, but then like I have said before everything seems to be my fault. Mark loses the remote and I am expected to know where it is, Nan has a problem and I am supposed to know how to fix it. A great example of that was her prescription, she comes in to me and says I have no tablets left she takes them every night I even do them all in her little medical box thing when I remember yet I am the one who is supposed to know that she needs more tablets. Her prescription needs to be put in at least 48 hours before collection (they prefer 72 hours), when we go back and pick up her prescription we have to take it to the chemist to collect it and they almost always have to give her the pathetic stock of them they have and order in the rest. Yes you would assume that since we use the same chemist every month they would order them in advance but what can I say the place is run by men there isn't an ounce of logic in the building lol. She usually tells me about her prescription either on a Friday so it can't even be put in until the Monday and obviously she's only got enough left to only just last or not last at all, or she tells me just after the surgery has closed for the day. Don't forget we are the only ones without a car to get around with because neither of us can drive yet we are the ones responsible for almost all her running around. I had a row with Mark because on Wednesday (Leo's Anniversary) Mark booked the day off to spend with me because we always try and do something special and now informs me he will be out all day because Nan needs bills paying at all different banks, she needs a prescription picking up and numerous other errands running that obviously she couldn't ask her precious Lisa to do in the car! But I do it all, I don't moan about it (well at least not to her) and I have even started solving the medications problem by removing one card of tablets from each box and putting them somewhere else, she then thinks she's run out and I have ample time to actually get Mark to put her presciption in, collect it and for the chemist order it ready to be collected. When she orders stuff off the shopping channel at stupid o'clock I am the fool who sits up for her to take the payment calls, and all I ever seem to get from her is crap so would someone please tell me why I even bother trying?

No comments: